|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|PIN||Kinnikambla 574 151|
Kaikamba (Kannada: ಕೈಕಂಬ)formerly known as Kandavara is a sub urban town of Mangalore, Karnataka State, West coast of India. Kaikamba lies between Moodabidri and Mangalore city in Dakshina Kannada district. This town falls on Mangalore – Moodabidri Highway NH 169 ( Old No.NH 13 ). It is 8 km away from Bajpe, where Mangalore International Airport is located. Population of kaikamba is about 15,325 as per 2009 censes. Parts of kaikamba are controlled by Ganjimutta panchayat, Kandavara panchayat, Malali panchayat and Gurupura panchayat. Efforts are being made to Include this town into Mangalore city corporation Limits by year 2015. Proposed KIADB Software export promotional park is 5 km away. Due to the Geographic location close to Airport, City and Industrial Area the land prices are soaring high. As much as Rs.3 Lakhs per cent.
The geographical location of guide-pole at Kaikamba is exactly 12.9607° North and 74.9332° East and it is situated approximately 100 meters above sea level.
Word Kaikamba means hand-post or guide-pole in both Kannada and Tulu languages.The word is used mostly for junctions of roads in Tulunadu as in olden days a wooden pole was fixed in middle of junction indicating direction of places. This small junction town - linking a three-way road network that lead to Bajpe, Mangalore and Moodabidri – has a hand-post guiding tourists and visitors.
Commerce and industries
Mangalore tile factories are few in numbers, Beedi works, Cashew nut Industries and Rice processing Industries. Also number of poultry farms, Cashew Plantation, Paddy cultivation. Real Estate business is another major commercial area. Proposed Ganjimutt SEZ is just 5 km away from this location.
People and culture
Majority of people are literate. Speciality of this town is every family has at least one person abroad/Foreign . Majority of them in Middle East. Religion wise Hindus, Muslims and Christians are in almost equall proportion. Though Hinduism is a major religion followed. Languages Spoken are mainly Tulu, Konkani, Beary and Urdu, and have knowledge of Kannnada, Hindi and English. Festivals like Diwali, Eid ul-Fitr, Vijayadashami(Dasara), Ganesh Chauti, Christmas Are Widely Celebrated. People live in peace. There has been very less conflicts between these Religions as compared to other suburbs in Mangalore.
- Pompei English Medium School
- Pompei Kannada Medium School
- Govt Kannada Medium Primary School
- Govt Urdu Medium Primary School
- Assraruddin Kambal Urdu High School
- Assraruddin Kambal English Medium Primary School
- Balmy English Medium School
- Rosa Mystica Kannada Medium Primary & High School
- Assraruddin Arabic college
- Raj Academy English Medium primary & high school
Temples, mosques and churches
- Jamia Masjid (@ Kaikamba City)
- Doomavathi Temple Kandavara
- Rajarajeshwawi Temple Polali
- Lady Of Pompie Church Kawdoor
- Noorul Uloom (The White Mosque) Suralpady
- Shree Mahaganapathy Temple Ganjimutt
- Brahma BalandiTemple Mooduperar
- Jamia Masjid Ganjimut
- Hazrath Assraruddin Awliah Allah Dargah (Gurukambala)
- Hazrath Assraruddin Jamia Masjid (Gurukambla )
JCI Gurupura Kaikamba Started on 2005 Rotary Lions Club
Banks and financial institutes
- Vijaya Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Karavali Credit Corporative Society
- Netravati Grameena Bank
- Sri Bagavathi Sahakari Bank
- SCDC Bank
- Kumbara Gudi Kaigarika Bank, Malali
- State Bank of Mysore
- Axis Bank ATM
- State Bank of India ATM
- Syndicate Bank ATM
- The nearest railway station is Mangalore 18 km
- The nearest airport is Bajpe or Mangalore International Airport which is just 8 km 15 minutes
- Mangalore city buses No. 12 and 22 goes via Kaikamba 19 km 45 minutes
- All the buses commutes between Mangalore and Moodabidri goes via Kaikamba 19 km 30 minutes, Which Includes Express And Local Buses, Which Is Most Commonly Used For Travelling To Mangalore.