Bandar Udara Kaimana
Kaimana Airstrip, 1962
|Owner||Kaimana Regency Government|
|Serves||Kaimana, West Papua, Indonesia|
|Elevation AMSL||19 ft / 6 m|
Airlines and destinations
|Wings Air||Ambon, Fakfak|
Accidents and incidents
Merpati Nusantara Airlines Flight 8968 was a domestic passenger flight from Sorong, West Papua, Indonesia, to Kaimana, West Papua, Indonesia. On May 7, 2011, the Merpati Nusantara Airlines Xian MA60 aircraft operating the flight crashed off the coast of West Papua on approach to Kaimana Airport in heavy rain. There were 21 passengers and 4 crew on board the aircraft; all were killed.
- Airport information for WASK from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for Kaimana, Indonesia (WASK / KNG) at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Merpati Airlines passenger plane crashes in sea off Indonesia's West Papua province". BNO News. May 7, 2011. Retrieved May 7, 2011.
- "Update: Indonesia Plane Crash". Jakarta Globe. May 7, 2011. Retrieved May 7, 2011.
- "27 killed in plane crash in Indonesia". Xinhua. May 7, 2011. Retrieved May 7, 2011.
- "Plane carrying 27 crashes in eastern Indonesia". MSNBC. May 7, 2011. Retrieved May 7, 2011.
- Hradecky, Simon (May 25, 2011). "Crash: Merpati MA60 at Kaimana on May 7th 2011, impacted waters before runway". Aviation Herald. Retrieved May 7, 2011.