A post office called Kaiser has been in operation since 1904. The community was named after the local Kaiser family. With America's entry into World War I and the anti-German hysteria that followed, some residents proposed changing the name of the community to Success. However after some debate the plan failed.
- "Kaiser". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Miller County General Highway Map (PDF) (Map). Missouri Department of Transportation. 2011. Retrieved 2012-01-25.
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Miller County Place Names, 1928–1945". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on June 24, 2016. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- McMillen, Margot Ford (1994). Paris, Tightwad, and Peculiar: Missouri Place Names. University of Missouri Press. p. 60. ISBN 978-0-8262-0972-6.
|This Miller County, Missouri state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|