Kaitlin Monte on set of NBC4 New York, Star Wars Day 2014
|Education||University of Tampa (BA), Clarkson University|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Spouse(s)||Chris Fohlin (m. 2016)|
Kaitlin Monte is an American journalist working as a general assignment reporter and fill-in anchor for Fox-owned KRIV in Houston, TX. Monte was previously a traffic anchor for the PIX Morning News on WPIX in New York City and, before that, host of Mets Insider on SportsNet New York. She has also been the host of WNBC's weekly interactive trivia on Today in New York.
Early life and career
Monte grew up in Pittsford, New York where she attended Pittsford Mendon High School until age 16. She then attended Clarkson University's Clarkson School followed by University of Tampa, where she graduated with her bachelor's degree at age 19.
In 2009, Monte became a performer for the USO Show Troupe, the official entertainment group for the United Services Organization which provides musical performances and entertainment for American military personnel and families.
Monte spent her early career in musical theater and earned membership to Actors Equity Association in 2010.
Monte's television experience began in 2012 as the interactive trivia host on Today in New York. The 10-minute segment airs during the 9 o'clock hour and includes a timed, 10-question round of trivia supplemented by online engagement with fans through social media and an interactive chat room.
SportsNet New York (2013-2014)
Monte was the host of Mets Insider on SportsNet New York for the 2013 and 2014 Mets seasons. The program is a bi-weekly, magazine-style show featuring episodes geared towards a diverse range of Mets topics.
In June, 2014 it was announced Monte would be the new weekday morning traffic reporter for PIX Morning News. She reports on traffic conditions for the New York metro area weekday mornings from 5-9am. She also hosts a cocktail segment "The Sip" on the WPIX exclusive entertainment show Celebrity Tastemakers.
KRIV Houston (2016-present)
In 2011, Monte founded an online petition to bring the issue of cyberbullying (referered to as "Jamey's Law" after Jamey Rodemeyer of Buffalo, NY) to New York legislators. Shortly after, State Senator Jeffrey Klein proposed new cyberbullying legislation and the two joined forces along with Jamie Isaacs, to launch the New York Cyberbully Census. Monte has made guest appearances on MSNBC and Al Jazeera America discussing bullying-related issues, and was named the Anti-Defamation League No Place for Hate "Difference Maker of the Year" in 2012 for her "Anti-bullying Through Leadership" workshop series.
Monte competed in the 2012 Miss America competition, representing her home state as Miss New York 2011 and finishing 2nd runner-up. In addition to her top three finish, Monte was awarded state and national lifestyle & fitness scholarships. She was one of eight national finalists for the AMWAY Quality of Life scholarship, which recognizes women for having a measurable civic impact during their year of service. Monte chose “Anti-Bullying through Leadership” as her personal platform, providing comprehensive advocacy ranging from in-school presentations to legislative efforts.
- "Reporter Kaitlin Monte Joins KRIV Houston". TVNewsCheck. July 5, 2016.
- "Kaitlin Monte Named PIX11 Morning News Traffic Reporter". Tribune Company. June 5, 2014.
- "Former Miss America contestant hosts new show". New York Post. March 10, 2013.
- "USO Liberty Bell, Miss New York Places Third at Miss America Pageant". The USO. January 23, 2012.
- "Photo Flash: Connecticut Repertory Theatre's RENT 5/27-6/6". Broadway World. May 27, 2010.
- "PIX11 nominated for 51 Emmy Awards, more than any other local NYC station". WPIX Post. February 9, 2016.
- "Houston Station Hires Reporter From New York". TVSpy. July 5, 2016.
- "The Intellectual Times Interview: Kaitlin Monte". Intellectual Times.
- "Miss New York Petitions Against Cyberbullying In Wake Of Williamsville Teen's Suicide: UPDATED | New York Daily News". Nydailynews.com. 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Klein, Scarborough, Miss NY, Launch New York Cyberbully Census | New York State Senate". Nysenate.gov. 2011-10-13. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Jamey's Law: NY Lawmakers, Advocates Out to Fight Cyberbullying". MSNBC.
- "Kaitlin Monte Elected Clarkson University Trustee". Clarkson University. May 18, 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-18.
- "Miss New York crown goes to Kaitlin Monte". Staten Island Advance. June 19, 2011.
- "Miss New York Criticizes OWS, Takes 3rd At Miss America Pageant". Gothamist. January 15, 2012.
- "2012 Miss America Pageant Scholarship Winners". Miss America.
- "Pittsford's Kaitlin Monte named as 2012 Miss America 'Quality Of Life Award' finalist". Brighton Pittsford Post.