Kaitlyn performing at the National Cherry Blossom Festival on April 11, 2009
|Birth name||Kaitlyn Ashley Maher|
|Born||January 10, 2004|
|Origin||Novi, Michigan, United States|
|Occupation(s)||Child singer, actress|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, guitar|
|Years active||2007–present (singer)
Kaitlyn Ashley Maher (born January 10, 2004) is an American child singer and actress born in Michigan, and raised in Ashburn, Virginia. In 2008, at the age of 4, she appeared on the third season of America's Got Talent and for her audition sang "Somewhere Out There". She advanced through four rounds of competition and one was of the final ten contestants, the youngest person to ever reach that level. Maher has since appeared live at The Great Kids Expo in Chantilly, Virginia, on October 25, 2008, a live broadcast of the 2008 lighting of the National Christmas Tree, on December 4, 2008, attended by President George W. Bush and over 7,000 guests, and the 2009 Cherry Blossom Festival on April 11, 2009. On October 3, 2009, Maher was the opening act of The Addi and Cassi Hempel Fund benefit. Maher has appeared in a Harris Teeter commercial airing during December 2008. She was also selected by Compassion International as its first ever Child Ambassador, visited children in El Salvador with Compassion, got to meet her sponsored child, and shot a music video to her title song "You Were Meant to Be."
Maher signed a recording deal late in 2009 with Indie Extreme for the release of her debut album You Were Meant To Be. The album was released December 15, 2009. Kaitlyn appeared in the Disney direct to video movie Santa Buddies as the voice for the character, Tiny, which was released on November 24, 2009. Maher played the orphan Quinn in The Search for Santa Paws released as a direct to video on November 23, 2010 which had its television premiere on the Disney Channel in December 2011. She played Sarah Reynolds in the sequel titled Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups released on November 20, 2012.
On her official Twitter account it was once mentioned by Maher that a new album had been planned. It is yet to be confirmed.
Maher was born on January 10, 2004, to Reuben Edward Maher and Alison Victoria Maher (née Ramlall). She has a younger brother, Ethan Joshua Maher (b. December 18, 2007). When she was eighteen months old, Maher's parents were worried because she was not getting enough sleep. She never stopped singing. Her parents took her to the pediatrician. They found out that she just loved to sing.
On March 16, 2011, Maher performed "There Will Be A Day" by Jeremy Camp at her paternal grandfather's funeral at the International House of Prayer after he died at the age of 63. There she wrote and gave a eulogy at his memorial service and was asked to give an impromptu prayer.
In addition to singing, Maher likes ballet, swimming, reading and piano.
America's Got Talent
Maher began her career on the third season of the American television reality show America's Got Talent, when she reached the top ten. Producers from the show first became aware of Maher from a video that was uploaded to the popular video sharing website YouTube. The video had been made after she had been asked to sing at a birthday party for one of her relations in Canada. The video was posted because Alison Maher was pregnant with her second child and they could not travel to Canada. Five months after the video had been made, around Maher's fourth birthday; Maher's parents received an e-mail from NBC's America's Got Talent asking if Maher would be able to audition for the show's third season.
|Week||Theme||Song choice||Original artist||Performance order||Result|
|Audition||N/A||"Somewhere Out There"||James Horner||N/A||Advanced|
|Vegas Verdicts||Child performers||"When You Wish Upon a Star"||Cliff Edwards||2||Advanced|
|Semifinals||"What a Wonderful World"||Louis Armstrong||N/A||Advanced|
|Heroes||"Beauty and the Beast"||Beauty and the Beast||N/A||Advanced|
|Top 10||N/A||"I'll Be There"||The Jackson 5||N/A||Eliminated|
The Goodwin Games
You Were Meant to Be (2009, Universal Music; 11 tracks, 39 minutes)
|2009||Santa Buddies||Tiny (voice)|
|2010||The Search for Santa Paws||Quinn|
|2012||Treasure Buddies||Cammy (voice)|
|Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups||Sarah Reynolds|
|A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise||Ella (voice)|
|2013||The Goodwin Games||Piper Goodwin|
|Free Birds||President's daughter (voice)|
|2015||Russell Madness||Grace (voice)|
|2017||How the Grinch Stole Christmas!||Cindy Lou Who (voice)|
- Kaitlyn Maher; You Were Meant to Be allmusic.com Retrieved 2013-05-07.
- You Were Meant to Be (CD - Universal Music #77128) allmusic.com Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- "Every Thing For Healthy, Happy and Safe Kids of all ages". Great Kids Expo. 2008. Retrieved 15 December 2009.
- Hendrickson, Lisa (October 16, 2008). "Four-Year Old Singer Kaitlyn Maher to Perform at Great Kids Expo". Thomson Reuters.
- "(Photo Gallery) - Four Year Old Singer Kaitlyn Maher to Performing at the National Christmas Tree Lighting - (Photo Gallery)". zimbio. December 4, 2008.
- Cheney, Catherine (September 2, 2009). "Singer's Only 5, But Career Hits The High Notes". The Washington Post.
- Hempel, Chris (July 30, 2009). "Kids Helping Kids: 5-year old Singing Sensation Kaitlyn Maher To Perform".
- Garman, Erica (December 4, 2008). "Ashburn’s Kaitlyn Maher to Sing at National Christmas Tree Lighting(includes Harris Teeter commercial)". LoudounExtra/The Washington Post.
- "Indie Extreme Signs 5 Year Old Singing Sensation, Kaitlyn Maher". News. BREATHEcast. 2009-12-04. Retrieved 15 December 2009.[dead link]
- Kaitlyn Maher; You Were Meant To Be Amazon.com
- "Kaitlyn Maher - Disney's Next Star". Disney Dreaming. 2009. Retrieved 15 December 2009.
- "Twelve Things You Didn't Know About Kaitlyn Maher". KOL: Movies and TV. AOL. 2009. Retrieved 15 December 2009.
- "The Search for Santa Paws". Disney Movies. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups". Disney Movies. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- youtube Retrieved 2012-01-01.
-  imdb.com Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- imdb.comRetrieved 2014-12-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kaitlyn Maher.|