|Airport type||Public, Civilian|
|Owner||Kenya Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||5,020 ft / 1,530 m|
Kakamega Airport is a small airport in Kenya. It serves the town of Kakamega. At 1,530 metres (5,020 ft) above sea level, the airport has a single asphalt runway which measures 4,200 feet (1,300 m) in length and 49 feet (15 m) in width.
It is approximately 301 kilometres (187 mi), by air, northwest of Nairobi International Airport, the country's largest civilian airport. The geographic coordinates of this airport are 0° 16' 12.00"N, 34° 47' 0.00"E (Latitude: 0.270000; Longitude: 34.783332).
Airport may be closed due to either construction or demolition of runway and ramp (May 2014).
Airlines and destinations
- "Wolfram|Alpha: Making the world's knowledge computable". www.wolframalpha.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Kakamega Airport :: Private Jet ::". www.privatejetscharter.net. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Distance between Kakamega (Western) and Jomo Kenyatta Airport Nairobi (Nairobi Area) (Kenya)". distancecalculator.globefeed.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Fly540 - East Africa's low cost airline". www.fly540.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- Location of Kakamega Airport at Google Maps
- Website of Kenya Airports Authority
- Airkenya Flight Routes