This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Operating system||Android, iOS|
Kakao T (formerly KakaoTaxi) is a Korean transportation service app launched by Kakao Mobility Corp., a subsidiary of Kakao in 2017. The service provides taxi-hailing, designated driver booking, nearby parking space searching, and real-time traffic information service.
The service was launched originally as Kakao Taxi, a taxi-calling service app launched on March 31, 2015 that connects users who needs a ride to taxi drivers. In 2017, Kakao rebranded the platform as Kakao T, where "T" stands for "transportation", merging their key transportation services into one mobile app. The service was made available in Japan in May 2017 thanks to a partnership with JapanTaxi.
The app requires a Kakao account based on an email address and password. Personal information is collected and stored. The app facilitates connecting the user to the nearest driver in the surrounding area. All KakaoTaxi drivers are licensed taxi operators.
The user location is shared with the taxi driver. The user's information remains private, the driver can see only the pickup location. The app masks the user's phone number with a one-time generated number to ensure privacy.
However, the app requires the user to grant permission to access files stored on the device, to the device's call history, and to the user's address book.
The payment method is cash, credit/debit card or one of the many transportation cards used in Korea.
- Herald, The Korea (2017-10-25). "Kakao launches new collective mobility app Kakao T". Retrieved 2018-02-12.
- "Kakao launches new collective mobility app Kakao T". Retrieved 2018-02-12.
- Corp, Kakao Mobility (2018-02-12), Kakao T - Taxi, Driver, Parking, Navi, Kakao Mobility Corp., retrieved 2018-02-12
- "KakaoTaxi expands to Japan". ZDNet. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- Sohn Ji-young (December 9, 2018). "Kakao begins pilot carpool service, sets official launch for Dec. 17". The Korea Herald.
- Sohn Ji-young (October 25, 2017). "Kakao launches new collective mobility app Kakao T". The Korea Herald.
- Official website
- Kakao Mobility official website in Korean
- Kakao T in Play Store
- Kakao T in App Store