Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2011)|
|Established||1980 (age 34–35)|
|Type||Education and research institution|
|Location||Warangal, Telangana, India|
|Affiliations||An Autonomus Institute under
The government of combined state of Andhra Pradesh, in the late 1970s adopted a policy of encouraging philanthropic organizations to establish technical institutions without straining the financial resources of the state. As a consequence of such a policy decision, Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science was established at Warangal in 1980. Website : www.kitsw.ac.in It is one of the best colleges in Telangana state
Campus and location
The KITS campus covers 65 acres with lush green atmosphere. It is located in Hasanparthy of Hasanparthy mandal Opposite to Yerragattu Hillock in the Warangal district of telangana, India PIN: 506015.
Programs offered are:
- Civil engineering
- Computer science Engineering [CSE]
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering [EEE] (Electrical engineering)
- Electronics and Communications Engineering [ECE](Electronic engineering)
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering [EIE]
- Information technology [IT]
- Mechanical engineering [MEC]
Students are admitted into the seven branches of engineering under the following categories.
- Foreign students (supernumerary)
- EAMCET category
The Government of telangana allows admission of diploma holders into 2nd year under "lateral entry scheme" to the extent of 10% of intake to each of the branches on a supernumerary basis.
- B.Tech.(Computer science and Engineering)120
- M.Tech. (Software Engineering) 25
- M.Tech. (VLSI & Embedded Systems) 18
- B.Tech.(Information Technology) 60
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications) 60
- B.Tech.(Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering) 60
- B.Tech.(Electronics and Communication Engineering)120
- M.Tech.(Digital Communication) 25
- B.Tech.(Electrical and Electronics Engineering) 60
- B.Tech.(Mechanical Engineering)120
- M.Tech.(Design Engineering) 24
- B.Tech.(Civil Engineering) 120
The college consists of 12 departments which together offer seven undergrauate programs, ten postgraduate programs and five Ph.D programs.
- Civil Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mathematics and Humanities
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and instrumentation engineering
The number of students getting placed into, predominantly, Indian IT majors in 2008 (2004-2008 batch).
Head of Departments
|S.no||Department||Head of Department||Department Faculty(all)|
|7||Civil||S.G. Narayana Reddy||Faculty|
SAE (Society OF Automotive Engineers) College Club. Students from the Mechanical department have the opportunity to take part in this Club. Yearly SAE International in India conducts the events such as SAEBAJA India, where it is race of the ATV (All-terrain vehicle) in which all the SAE college clubs in India will participate in various events. Another event of this club which recently started was FormulaSAE, where the student SAE college club has to manufacture a Formula1 Vehicle and take it to the BIC Buddh International Circuit to participate in various events.
Entrepreneurship cell. Dr. P Srikanth being Chief coordinator and Mr. Narendra Kumar, student coordinator has working continuously to envision the entrepreneurial activity in present arena with lot many innovations in this IoT generation.
IEEE(Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) KITS-Student Branch. Students of the first batch formed an IEEE students branch, the students of the subsequent batches have got the branch recognized by the IEEE. IEEE members can access the IEEE Digital library. There are weekly meetings of IEEE students members. There are debates, group discussions, paper presentations and guest lectures.
The Student Activity Center organizes the national level cultural consortium SANSKRITI, a two-day event.
SAC clubs include Arts Club, Photography Club, Sports Club, Literary Club, Fine Arts club, Creative Design Club, Programmers Arena, Legion's F1 and IEEE chapter. There are technical and cultural events such as the MECHOVISION, TECHNOPLEXUS, ELECTROCOM, PARIKARAN, MERIDIAN, SRISTI, ELECTROVISION, RENDEZVOUS and SUPRAYOG.
KITS has an facilities for sports both indoor & outdoor. Sports fields covering an area of 10 acres. Many have excelled in many tournaments and won medals in respective area of sports.
Hostel facility is available for boys and girls separately. It is also equipped with wi-fi facility with up to 64 MB/s.