|District||South 24 Parganas|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
Kakdwip subdivision is a subdivision of the South 24 Parganas district in the state of West Bengal, India. It consists of four community development blocks: Kakdwip, Namkhana, Patharpratima and Sagar. The four blocks contain 42 gram panchayats. The subdivision has its headquarters at Kakdwip.
Rural area under Kakdwip block consists of 11 gram panchayats, viz. Bapuji, Rabindra, Sri Sri Ramkrishna, Swami Bibekananda, Madhusudanpur, Ramgopalpur, Srinagar, Netaji, Rishi Bankimchandra, Suryanagar and Pratapadityanagar. Kakdwip police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Pakurberia.
Rural area under Namkhana block consists of seven gram panchayats, viz. Budhakhali, Haripur, Namkhana, Shibrampur, Frezarganj, Mausini and Narayanpur. Namkhana and Kakdwip police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is in Namkhana.
Rural area under Patharpratima block consists of 15 gram panchayats, viz. Achintyanagar, Dakshin Raipur, Gopalnagar, Ramganga, Banashyamnagar, Digambarpur, Herambagopalpur, Sridharnagar, Brajaballavpur, Durbachati, Laksmijanardanpur, Srinarayanpur Purnachandrapur, Dakshin Gangadharpur, G Plot and Patharpratima. Patharpratima police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Ramganga.
Rural area under Sagar block consists of nine gram panchayats, viz. Dhablat, Dhaspara Sumatinagar–II, Ghoramara, Ramkarchar, Dhaspara Sumatinagar–I, Muriganga–I, Rudranagar, Gangasagar and Muriganga–II. Sagar police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Rudranagar.
As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in West Bengal, the area under the Patharpratima block forms the Patharpratima (Vidhan Sabha constituency). The Kakdwip block, along with two gram panchayats under the Namkhana block, viz. Budhakhali and Narayanpur, will form the Kakdwip (Vidhan Sabha constituency). The other five gram panchayats under the Namkhana block along with the area covered by the Sagar block will form the Sagar (Vidhan Sabha constituency). All the three constituencies will be assembly segments of the Mathurapur (Lok Sabha constituency), which will be reserved for Scheduled castes (SC) candidates.
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 19 March 2008. Retrieved 24 December 2008.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns( Municipal Corporation,Municipality,Notified Area and Cantonment Board) , Census Towns and Outgrowths, West Bengal, 2001". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 24 December 2008.
- "List of Districts/C.D.Blocks/ Police Stations with Code No., Number of G.Ps and Number of Mouzas". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 24 December 2008.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". South 24 Parganas district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 27 December 2008.
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission" (PDF). Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. pp. 12, 24. Retrieved 14 January 2009.