Kakinada (rural) mandal
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Kakinada (rural) mandal is one of the 59 mandals in East Godavari of the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. It has its headquarters at Kakinada. The mandal is bounded by Samalkota mandal, Pedapudi mandal, Karapa mandal, Kothapalle mandal and waters of Bay of Bengal.
As of 2011[update] census, the mandal had a population of 174,129. The total population constitute, 87,018 males and 87,111 females —a sex ratio of 1001 females per 1000 males. 17,978 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 9,086 are boys and 8,892 are girls —a ratio of 979 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 78.39% with 122,399 literates. Sarpavaram is the most populated village and Penumarthi is the least populated village in the mandal.
Government and politics
Kakinada (rural) mandal is under Kakinada Rural (Assembly constituency) which in turn is a part of Kakinada (Lok Sabha constituency), one of the 25 Lok Sabha constituencies representing Andhra Pradesh. The present MLA is Anantha Lakshmi Pilli, who won the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly election, 2014 representing Telugu Desam Party.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Mandals in East Godavari district". aponline.gov.in. Archived from the original on 18 June 2015. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "Sub-District Details of East Godavari District". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "DELIMITATION OF PARLIAMENTARY AND ASSEMBLY CONSTITUENCIES ORDER, 2008" (pdf). Election Commission of India. p. 22. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "MLA". AP State Portal. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Kakinada (rural) Election Results 2014". Elections.in. Retrieved 19 October 2014.