Kakinada Port railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
|Location||Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh
|Elevation||9 m (30 ft)|
|Line(s)||Samalkot-Kakinada branch line|
|Tracks||Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Bicycle facilities||Not available|
|Zone(s)||South Central Railway|
Kakinada Port railway station (station code:COA) is an Indian railway station in Kakinada of East Godavari district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It lies on the Samalkot–Kakinada Port branch line, a branch line of Howrah–Chennai main line. It is administered under Vijayawada railway division of South Central Railway zone.
Kakinada Port railway station was built at a cost of ₹5 crore (US$780,000) and was opened on 26 December 2011.
The Kakinada Port Railway Station has three platforms. SCR recently installed Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVM)s in this station.
- "Station Code Index" (PDF). Portal of Indian Railways. p. 1. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Kakinada Town railway station info". India Rail Info. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "Kakinada Port new railway station opened finally". South Central Railway. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "Vijayawada division - A Profile" (PDF). South Central Railway. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Jump in SCR Vijayawada division revenue". The Hindu. Vijayawada. 28 April 2015. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "SCR introduces mobile paper ticketing facility in 38 stations".
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|South Central Railway zone||Terminus|
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|