Placement on map is approximate
|Elevation||4,000 ft (1,220 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Kakira is located in Jinja District, approximately 14 kilometres (9 mi) east of downtown Jinja on the highway to Iganga. The coordinates of the town are: 0°30'13.0"N, 33°16'57.0"E (Latitude:0.503611; Longitude:33.282500). 
In 2014, the national population census put the population of Kakira at 32,819.
Madhvani Group activities
Kakira is the headquarters of the Madhvani Group, a diversified conglomerate involved in agribusiness, manufacturing, insurance, leisure services, and other business interests.
On an estate measuring 9,500 hectares (37 sq mi), the group owns a sugarcane farm and a sugar manufacturing complex, Kakira Sugar Limited. They also own a sweets and confectionery factory, Kakira Sweets & Confectioneries Limited. An electricity generating plant, Kakira Power Station, is located on the estate and produces 52 megawatts of power for use there, with the excess sold to the Ugandan national grid. The estate has a private airport, Kakira Airport, for use by the family and corporate clients. The airport is home to Turbo Prop Service Centre, a subsidiary that deals in aircraft servicing. The group is in the process of installing a distillery on the estate to produce ethanol.
The group at Kakira employs more than 7,500 people. The group provides a private 100-bed hospital, eight primary schools, and one secondary school for use by its workers and their dependents.
- UBOS, . (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Jinja and Kakira With Interactive Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Google (6 July 2015). "Location of Kakira At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- "Coordinates of Kakira Airport". Gladstonefamily.net. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Senelwa, Kennedy (17 January 2015). "Kakira Set To Produce Ethanol In 2016". The EastAfrican (Nairobi). Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Ojambo, Fred (25 July 2014). "Uganda’s Kakira Sugar Plans to Produce Ethanol Fuel by 2016". Bloomber News. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Madhvani Group, . (2013). "About Kakira Sugar Works". Kakirasugar.com. Retrieved 27 February 2015.