Kakkmaddafakka before performing at Open Air, Berlin Festival on 28 August 2010
|Genres||Indie rock, indie R&B|
|Labels||Bubbles, Sounds Gold|
Kristoffer Wie van der Pas
Lars Helmik Raaheim-Oslen
Kakkmaddafakka is a Norwegian indie rock band formed and based in Bergen. Their music is influenced by a wide range of genres, including elements of rock, hip hop, reggae, disco, R&B and house music. The band is known for their high energy live performances, playing with up to twelve people on stage.
The band was formed by brothers Axel and Pål Vindenes, together with school friends Jonas Nielsen and Stian Sævig and Jone Nordland who later quit when he moved to China. All classically trained musicians, the band was formed to play a one-off show at a local youth centre, Ungdomshuset 1880, but after positive response the band continued to play many live shows around Norway. In 2006, the band made their first recording and released the EP Already Your Favourite EP which was produced by Matias Tellez and featured the track "OOO".
Kakkmaddafakka released its first LP Down to Earth on 24 September 2007, which reached number twenty on the VG Topp30 Album list and brought the band nationwide attention in their native Norway, despite a largely negative critical response.
The band is one of many artists who emerged from Bergen, which the Norwegian press has called the "New Bergen Wave", as it is reminiscent of the many successful bands that emerged from Bergen in the late 1990s and the early 2000s.
Kakkmaddafakka has performed at numerous festivals including Iceland Airwaves, Montreux Jazz Festival, NXNE, CMJ Music Marathon, Southside Festival, Hurricane Festival, Eurosonic Festival, by:Larm, Area 4 Hove and Melt! Festival in Germany, where they were introduced on stage by prominent Bergen musician and friend Erlend Øye.
On 28 June 2013, the band released their third album Six Months Is a Long Time. It was again produced by Erlend Øye.
Down to Earth (2007)
- Capital Cities
- Acid 1
- Next Song
- Acid 2
- Dancing Elephant
- Mystical Man
- Feeling Okay
- Your Girl
- Self-Esteem (Wenga)
- Make the First Move
- Is She
- Drø Sø
Six Months Is a Long Time (2013)
- Someone New
- Forever Alone
- Bill Clinton
- No Song
- Female Dyslexic
- Never Friends
- Gangsta No More
- All About You
Singles and EPs
- "Already Your Favourite" (2007)
- "Your Girl" (2011)
- "Restless" (2011)
- Axel Vindenes - guitar, vocals
- Stian Sævig - bass, vocals
- Pål Vindenes - cello, guitar, vocals
- Sebastian Kittelsen - piano
- Kristoffer Van Der Pas - drums
- Former members
- Jonas Nielsen - piano, vocals (2004–2014)
- Additional musicians (also called Kakkmaddachoir)
- Martin Sande - backing vocals and dancing
- Sverre Sande - backing vocals and dancing
- Lars Helmik Raaheim-Olsen - percussion
- "Topp30 Album Norsk uke 40, 2007 - VG-lista. Offisielle hitlister fra og med 1958". Lista.vg.no. 2006-06-01. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
- Peter Vollset (2007-09-25). "Kakkmaddafakka - Musikk". Dagbladet.no. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
- "Den nye bølgen? | NRK P3". Nrkp3.no. 2008-09-01. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
- "Melt! Festival @ Ferropolis - Stadt aus Eisen" (in German). Melt-festival.de. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
- "Kakkmaddafakka MTV-nominert". ba.no. Retrieved 2009-02-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kakkmaddafakka.|