|Elevation||1,300 m (4,300 ft)|
|Population (2017 Estimate)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
The districts surrounding Kakumiro District include Hoima District to the north, Kyegegwa District to the north-east, Kiboga District to the east, Mubende District to the south-east, Kyegegwa District to the south, and Kibaale District to the west. The town of Kakumiro, the location of the district headquarters, is approximately 182 kilometres (113 mi), by road, north-west of Kampala, Uganda's capital city. This location is approximately 80 kilometres (50 mi), by road, south of Hoima, the nearest large town.
In July 2017, the population of Kakumiro District was estimated at approximately 3000,000 people.
- Fred Kiva, and Patrick Zimurinda (15 January 2011). "Museveni Grants Kakumiro and Kagadi District status". Kampala: Uganda Radio Network. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- Tumuhimbise, Alex (27 July 2017). "Kagadi, Kakumiro districts struggle to deliver services". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- GUN (28 July 2017). "Guide To Uganda: Uganda District Map". Kampala: Guidetouganda.net (GUN). Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- GFC (27 July 2017). "Distance between Post Office Building, Kampala Road, Kampala, Uganda and Kakumiro, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- GFC (27 July 2017). "Distance between Kakumiro, Western Region, Uganda and Hoima, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- John Odyek, Mary Karugaba and Moses Walubiri (19 July 2012). "25 more districts created". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 27 July 2017.