|Focus cities||Samarinda Airport|
|Company slogan||Fly Smart with Us|
|Headquarters||Villa Melati Mas, Serpong, South Tangerang, Indonesia
Samarinda office: Samarinda Airport, Gatot Subroto Road, Samarinda
Kalstar Aviation is an airline based in Serpong, Indonesia. The airline was founded as "Kalstar Tour-Travel Co., Ltd" in Samarinda in December 1993 by Andi Masyhur. Masyhur purchased the airline's first aircraft, an ATR 42, nicknamed KSE, in Bungay on 22 September 2008.
Although initially based in Samarinda, he formally began Kalstar Aviation in Serpong. On Kalstar Samarinda's maiden voyage, the airline flew from Samarinda to Tarakan, and later on to Nunukan. The airline grew quickly. By 2010, it had added another two ATR 42s to its fleet.
Kalstar Aviation launched the airline's mobile application, dubbed KALSTAR Mobile. Passengers can use the application to check flight arrivals and departures, and check in for their flights. The airline also provides in-flight magazine Kalstar.
- Jakarta, Soekarno Hatta International Airport
- Bandung, Husein Sastranegara International Airport
- Surabaya, Juanda International Airport
- Semarang, Achmad Yani International Airport
- Balikpapan, Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport
- Banjarmasin, Syamsudin Noor Airport
- Berau, Kalimarau Airport
- Ketapang, Ketapang Airport
- Kota Baru, Gusti Syamsir Alam Airport
- Malinau, Robert Atty Bessing Airport
- Melak, Melalan Airport
- Nunukan, Nunukan Airport
- Pangkalan Bun, Iskandar Airport
- Pontianak, Supadio Airport
- Putussibau, Pangsuma Airport
- Samarinda, Termindung Airport
- Sampit, Sampit Airport
- Sintang Regency, Sintang Airport
- Tanjung Selor, Tanjung Harapan Airport
- Tarakan, Juwata International Airport
- Denpasar Ngurah Rai International Airport
- Maumere Frans Seda Airport
- Kupang El Tari Airport
- Ende H.Hasan Aroebusman Airport
As of July 2016, the Kalstar Aviation passenger fleet comprises the following aircraft:
|Embraer 190-E2||—||5||TBA||Ordered at the Farnborough Airshow|
EU aviation blacklist
Accident & Incidents
On December 21st 2015, One of its Embraer 195LR overshoots the runway at Kupang Airport while performing duty as KD678 from Ende to Kupang
- "Kalstar" (PDF). Kalstar Aviation. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- "Kalstar Bidik Rute Kosong di Kaltim". Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Kalstar Aviation". Aviasi. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- 14 July 2015. "Kalstar Aviation Fleet in Planespotters.net". planespotters.net. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original on 2016-02-07. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-12-05. Retrieved 2013-10-24.