Kala Kaccha Gang
Kala Kaccha Gang (also known as Kale-Kachchewale or Kale Kachche gang) refers to certain organized criminal gangs in Punjab, India. The Kale Kachha gang members are robbers and dacoits, who don police uniform or 'kale kachchhe' to evade detection. They put grease on their body as lubricant.
There are many such gangs suspected to be active in Punjab. They usually target families living at isolated places in the countryside and always thrash their victims before looting them. In 2014, the Mohali police busted one such gang who allegedly carried out a spate of dacoities in the district in June and July. Twelve of them were arrested while planning another dacoity in an abandoned factory.
- In May 2007, the members of the gang attacked a family in Ladhowal. They beat up the family members, raped two of them, and decamped with gold jewellery.
- In June 2007, the gang members killed a farmer, and snatched jewelry from his wife after hitting her.
- In December 2002, the Government ordered judicial probe into the gruesome murder of retired Deputy Superintendent of Police, Pritam Singh, his wife and daughter by Kala Kachcha gang dacoits on the intervening night of 2 and 3 December 2002.
- On October 3, 2002, suspected kale kachche-wale gang members attacked and robbed a veterinary doctor and his two family members in Moga.
- The Punjab Government gave Rs 20,000 to Savitri Devi, whose husband, Ram Chand, was killed with an encounter with the gang at Lachkani village.
- On March 24, 2000, the police busted a kale-kachchhewale gang involved in several robberies in Jalandhar, Hoshiarpur, Gurdaspur and Amritsar.
- On October 15, 1999, the members of a Kala Kachcha gang killed two persons, raped a woman and robbed cash and valuables from a few houses. They were sentenced to life imprisonment on April 29, 2007.
- December 2006, the gang attacked a youth in Bathinda to extort funds. The youth was left for dead and only later admitted to hospital.
- "Criminal gang busted". The Tribune. March 25, 2000. Retrieved 2007-09-22.
- "Rape case registered against Kale Kachche gang". May 19, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-22.[dead link]
- "Robbers kill farmer and injure wife". June 17, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-22.[dead link]
- "Robbers attack doctor, family members, loot cash, jewellery". The Tribune. October 4, 2003. Retrieved 2007-09-22.
- "5 convicted of double murder". The Tribune. April 30, 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-22.
|This article about a criminal organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|