|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kala Khel is a clan of Tirah Adam Khel. Adam Khel is a sub-tribe of Afridi that has originated from the Karlanee or Karlani group of Pashtuns. The Kala Khel clan of Tirah Adam Khel inhabits in FR Peshawar region and in Bara and Torghar as well. It can be found on Google Maps at 33.728623N,71.55256E and Tirah valley of Khyber agency at 33.73N, 71.01E.
The Kala Khel of FR Peshawar borders Frontier Region Kohat to south, Ali khel and Pareedi to east, Akhorwal to west and Peshawar district to east, while the Kala Khel of Tirah valley borders Orakzi to south, Shalobar to east, Bhattan and Bar Qamber Khel to west and Malikdin Khel to east. The location of Kala Khel in FR Peshawar is also known as Ocha lagada.
The Assistant Political Agent of Bara subdivision of Khyber Agency looks after the matters of Kala Khel due to its presence in Tirah valley. The Political Agent of Khyber Agency is also the administrative head who has great authority and control. The overall administration of FATA is run by FATA Secretariat based in Peshawar, the capital of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
People and race
- MNA NA 46 Nasir khan afrid
- Haspatal Chowk
The area of Kala Khel of FR Peshawar is hilly with average heights of over 1,000 m (3,300 ft) above sea level. Gorgora, Palosa, Olive trees can be seen on hills almost amounting to forest.
The area of Kala Khel of Tirah valley is also mountainous, with average heights of some 2,500m (8,000 ft) above sea level. Higher still are the blue pines; but below on the shelving plains are nothing but fruit trees.
FAMOUS PERSON OF KALA KHEL,,,,
ye famous person ka ye block to ta kuch din pehle pher ye kesne delete kia . kisko jelousi hoti hai jo famous person ka option delete kia.
Places to visit
- Grand Central Mosque (Jumma Jummat)
- Saaoke (famous hilly site for picnic)
- Khro Taalao (lake like site for picnic)
- Mangoti (famous picnic spot)
- G.H.S Jaffar Khan (High School)
- Mountains (Manza & Gorro hills)
- Gorrow Kalli (cave houses)
- Sara Khwra (famous picnic spot)
- Peerwaray (famous picnic spot)
- Gheedar Colony
- Haji Barkath Kaly
- Haji Said Anwar Marhoom Kaly
- Alhaj Saddar Khan Madin Afridi (Late) s/o Khayal Din Afridi (Late) Kaly
- The Green Field in village Palosa Khail Gul (Marhoom) Kaly
Education is on the priority list of the Kala Khel people. The young generation is very keen to get quality education. For this great purpose, the government has established many primary and middles and a high school . Apart from government schools, private schools have also been set up to control the deficiency of schools due to the high ratio of enrollments. The Khyber Agency has the highest ratio of literacy rate compared to other agencies of FATA.
Around 80% of the young generation is well versed with computers and are proficient in Information Technology domain. One of the leading scholars in the domain of Information Technology is Allauddin Afridi. He started the first Computer Center in the village with the help of Pakistan Youth Organization under the name Pakistan Computer Center. Later on, he established an American English Center as well.
- Govt. High School, Jaffer Khan Kalay
- Govt. Primary School, Jaffer Khan Kalay
- Govt Girls Primary School, Nawab Khan Kalay
- Govt primary school, sher khan kalay
- Govt girls middle school, Azam din kalay
- Govt middle school, Saleem raza kalay
- Govt primary school, babar khel kalay esara kanda goray
- Govt girls primary school, babar khel kalay esara kanda goray
- Govt middle school, chorlaka kala khel
- Govt girls primary school, chorlaka kala khel
- Govt middle school, banda kala khel
- Iqra madrassa school main chowk.........
Agriculture is the main but small source of livelihood here. Almost all kinds of crops are grown here due to fertility of the land. Some people here are government employed like teachers, doctors and clerks. But the majority of people earn by working overseas. Wheat, maize, tobacco, sugar-cane and all kinds of vegetables are the main crops here.
Nature has bestowed Federally Administered Tribal Areas with a great potential of natural resources like coal, gas, forests and other minerals. A large reservoir of coal has been discovered in Kala Khel in recent past. Mining is in progress to exploit this natural resource. It can play a vital role in uplift of economic condition of the people and area. The people have taken great interest in mining. Scientific and latest methods are being used to take advantage of this reservoir.