Kalachi (Kazakh: Кaлaчи, also romanised as Kalachevskiy) is a rural locality in Esil District of Akmola Region, Kazakhstan. In 2014, it was reported that almost a fifth of the population had been affected with a 'sleep syndrome'.  In January 2015, reports said that over half of the village's population planned to move elsewhere. It was later determined that increased carbon monoxide levels from a nearby abandoned mine had caused oxygen levels in the town to fall.
- "Kalachi". Tageo. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Kalachi". Satellite City Maps. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "What is the cause of sleep syndrome in Kalachi?". Tengri News. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "The village that fell asleep: mystery illness perplexes Kazakh scientists". The Guardian. 25 March 2015.
- "Kazakhstan: Villagers relocated over sleep illness". BBC News. 7 January 2015. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Mystery of Kazakh 'Sleepy Hollow' is solved". Daily Mail. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
|This Kazakhstan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|