This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)
|Awarded for||Best in the arts|
|Presented by||Tamil Nadu Eyal Isai Nataka Manram|
The Kalaimamani is the highest civilian award in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. These awards are given by the Tamil Nadu Iyal Isai Nataka Mandram (literature, music and theatre), a unit of the Directorate of Art and Culture, Government of Tamil Nadu, to recognise artists in the state for their achievements.
Awardees by year
- Film Personalities: Padmini
- Film Personalities: J. Jayalalithaa
- Music: P. K Subbaiyar
- Film Personalities: Rajinikanth
Theater: Sabhapati Srinivas
In the 1994, 51 artistes were given Kalaimamani awards.
- Film Personalities: R. Sarathkumar, Sukanya, S. Ve. Shekher (stage artiste), Kathadi Ramamurthy (stage artiste), Delhi Ganesh (character actor), T. P. Samikannu (stage comedian), R. V. Udayakumar
- Music: D. K. Pattammal (Carnatic lyricist), Sudha Ragunathan (Carnatic vocalist), Swarnalatha (playback singer)
- Other: L. S. Ramamirtham (Tamil literature), Malavika Charukkai (Bharatanatyam), P. Ganammal (harmonium), T. G. Subramaniam (thavil), Sundararaj naidu (karagam artiste)
- Music: A.R.Rahman
- Film Personalities: Palani Bharathi, Prashanth Thiagarajan, Meena, Vijay, Napoleon, Thangar Bachan
- Music: Thavil vidwan Idumbavanam K.S. Kannan (Musician)
- Bharatnatyam: Priyadarshini Govind
- Film Personalities: Not Awarded
- Bharatanatyam: Parvathi Ravi Ghantasala (Artist)
- Film Writer: Piraisudan (Writer)
- Music: Nithyasree Mahadevan, Swarnalatha, Girija Ramaswamy (devotional singing for dance).
- Acting: Ajith Kumar, Devayani
- Literature: M.R. Gurusamy (Vriddachalam)
- Music: Shashank Subramanyam, Vairamangalam Lakshmi Naryanan, Chennai; Manakkal S. Rangarajan, Chennai; M.A.Sundareswaran (violin), Madurai T.Srinivasan (mridangam), T.M.Krishnamurthy (mridangam), R.Kalyanaraman (ghatam), Rajalakshmi Narayanan (veena), Seetha Duraiswamy (jalatarangam), Adyar S.Jayaraman (nadhaswaram), Thirunageswaram T.R.Govindarajan (thavil), Valayapatti S.Malarvannan (thavil), P.V.N.Nadhamani (clarionet), K.Somu (devotional songs), Karandhai G.Damodaran (devotional songs), Rathinasabapathy Desikar (thevaram).
- Bharatanatyam: Udipi Lakshmi Narayanan, M.V.Narasimhachari and Vasanthalakshmi Narasimhachari, Nellai D.Kannan, T.K.Padmanabhan, C.R.Radha Badhri.
- Drama: Radhu S.Radhakrishnan, T.K.S.Karuppaiah, 'Periyar' Rajavelu, V.Brinda.
- Folk Arts: A. Gunavathi (karagam), V. Dakshinamurthy (street play).
- Artistes receiving cash assistance: A. P. Srinivasan (musical-dance), G. Paramasiva Rao (folk), V. K. R. Ramani (drama).
Literature: L.P.Karu Ramanathan Chettiar; Ponnadiyan
Music: T.S.Narayanasamy (vocal), Meera Sivaramakrishnan (violin), Ramani (veena), Vaikkom R.Gopalakrishnan (ghatam), S.Venkataraman (flute), T.S.Vasudeva Rao (tabla), A.C.Jayaraman (nadhaswaram), S.Kasim (nadhaswaram), Vazhuvur R.Manickavinayakam (light music), Kovai Natarajan (harmonium), Dr.S.Sunder (music research).
Bharatanatyam: Krishnaveni Lakshmanan, Ananda Shankar Jayant, C.V.Chandrasekhar; Mannargudi N.Sakthivadivel, C.P.Venkatesan, Yogam Santhanam, Melattur S.Kumar.
Drama: K.G. `Typist' Gopu, Kovai Anuradha, K.S.Krishnan and Koothapiran.
Folk Arts: Sarangapani (karagam), P.A.Subbulakshmi Palaamadai (villupattu).
Artistes receiving cash assistance: V.S.Azhagesan (musical play), T.P.Chellappa (musical play) and S.Leelavathi (drama).
Music: Sulochana Pattabhiraman (vocal), Nagai R.Muralidharan (violin), S.Ravindaran (veena), Mannargudi A.Eswaran (mridangam), R.Raman (morsing), H.Ramakrishnan (konnakkole), Mannargudi M.S.K.Sankaranarayanan (nadhaswaram), Denkanikotta Mani (thavil), Purisai Arunagiri (devotional music).
Bharatanatyam: Thanjavur Rajalakshmi; G.Lakshmi Rajam; K.S.R.Aniruddha; Ramya Ramanarayan.
Drama: Nanjil P.T.Sami, K.R.Rathinam.
Musical dance: S.Soundappan
Folk Arts: Thenmozhi Rajendran (karagam), S.Sivasankaran Pillai (Oyilattam).
Other arts: `Rocket' Ramanathan (mimicry), S.Parthasarathi (for spreading art and culture).
Artistes receiving cash assistance: S.P.Anthonysamy (kaliayalattam), A.S.Balasubramaniam (puppetry) and Pavalar Om Muthumari (street play)
The Tamil Isai Sangam, Madurai, will receive the shield for the best cultural forum and the Cauvery Annai Kalai Mandram, Thanjavur, for the best drama troupe.
The portraits of the following late artistes of yesteryear to be unveiled: `Sivaji' Ganesan, T.V.Narayanasamy (drama artiste), M.P.N.Sethuraman (nadhaswaram), C.S.Murugabhoopathy (mridangam), K.V.Mahadevan (music composer), S.V.Venkataraman (music composer), P.S.Veerappa (film actor), Mani Krishnaswamy (vocalist), A.S.Gnanasambandan (litterateur), Kothamangalam Seenu (musical drama), K.T.Santhanam (lyricist), Pandari Bai (actress), Varadaiah (veena), C.T.Rajagandham (actress), D.R.Ramanna (film producer), Devika (actress), S.V.Ranga Rao (actor), J.P.Chandra Babu (actor).
Iyal (Literature): 4 artists and Tamil scholars
Bharatanatyam exponents: 10
Stage artists: 4, including Crazy Mohan
Tamil Film Historian Vamanan, Bharatanatyam exponent Leela Samson, stage artist Bombay Gnanam, film personalities Surya Sivakumar, Jyothika, Vadivelu, Eyal - G. Gnanasambandam, Silambarasan, Hariharan and Anuradha Sriram.
- Actor: Ajith Kumar, Vineeth
- Actress: Asin Thottumkal, Meera Jasmine, B. Saroja Devi, Nayanthara
- Art Director: P. Krishnamurthy
- Dancer: Aishwarya Dhanush, Sangeetha Kapilan
- Director: Cheran, Sundar C
- Musician: Embar Kannan, Harris Jayaraj, Maharajapuram Srinivasan, Sivamani, Thavil Kalaingar Thalachangadu T. M. Ramanathan
- Writer: A. Madhavan
- Serial Artist: Devipriya
- Artist: N.Srinivasan
- Best Serial : Metti Oli
In the 2010, 26 artistes were given Kalaimamani awards. They include actors Devayani, Anushka, Nayantara, Tamannaah, Mrs.Sujatha Peer Mohamed (Barathanatiyam Dancer) and Arya, Carnatic vocalist Gayathri Girish, Carnatic Vocalist K.N. Shashikiran, Nathaswara Vidhvan Thirukkadaiyur T.S.Muralitharan, Veena players Rajhesh Vaidhya and S. Srinivasan, dramatist Prasanna Ramaswamy, spiritual orators Mangaiyarkkarasi and S Sathyaseelan, and Tamil scholar Tamizhannal and Dindigul I. Leoni, Flautist Tiruvarur S. Swaminathan.
Actors: R Rajasekar, P. Rajiv alias P Rajasekar, Kutti Padmini, P.R. Varalakshmi, P Pandu, Choreographer Puliyur Saroja
Playback Singer: B.S Sasirekha
Costume Designer: P Kasi
Playback Singer: Gana Ulaganathan
Director: Chitra Lakshmanan
Cinematographer: Babu alias N V Anandakrishnan
Bharatanatyam dancer : Bala Devi Chandrashekar
Playback singer: R Krishnaraj, Paravai Muniyamma, T Velmurugan
Director: Suresh Krishna
Playback singer: Malathi
Choreographer: NA Thara
Nadhaswaram Tiruvannamalai K.S.Senthil Murugan
Nadhaswaram Tiruvannamalai S.Shanthi Senthil Murugan
Actors: Madhu Balaji, Prabhu deva
Director: A N Pavithran
Music director: Vijay Antony
Lyricist: Yugabharathi, cinematographer R Rathinavelu
Playback singer: Gana Bala
Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja
Folk Dancer: T.Thavamani (Karagattam)
Photography: Seshadri Nathan Sugumaran, Ravi
Producer: A. M. Rathnam
Cinematographer: Ravi Varman
Playback singer: Unni Menon
Keyboard: K. Sathyanarayana
Music: S. J. Jananiy (Multifaceted Musician)
Directors: Gautham Menon, Manoj Kumar, Liaquat Ali Khan, Ravi Mariya
Producers: Isari Ganesh and Kalaipuli S Thanu
Music Directors: Imman, Dhina
Dialogue Writer: V. Prabhakar
Camera Man: Ragunaatha Reddy
Choreographers: Master Sivasankar, Master Sridhar
Stunt Directors: Jaguar Thangam and Dinesh
Lyricists: Kamakodiyan and Kahalmadhi
Playback Singers: Sujatha and Ananthu
Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Special Kalaimamani Award: P.Susheela
Carnatic Music: Ranjani Gayatri, Krishnakumar and Binni Krishnakumar
Makeup Men: Shanmugam and Sabarigirisan
Still Photographer: Sitrarasu
Journalist: Sabitha Joseph
- "Executive Board Members of Tamil Nadu Eyal Isai Nataka Manram". Tamil Nadu - Eyal Isai Nataka Manram. Retrieved 14 August 2020.
- "K. A. Thangavelu dead". The Indian Express. 29 September 1994. p. 1.
- "National : N. Krishnan passes away". The Hindu. 10 October 2005. Retrieved 25 November 2018.[dead link]
- "SP Balasubrahmanyam swara of perfect brilliance". The New Indian Express. 26 September 2020. Archived from the original on 29 September 2020.
- "Yesudas Awards". Archived from the original on 27 January 2021. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "Higher grant for Nataka Mandram". The Indian Express. 30 July 1994. p. 3.
- "Kalaimamani Awards for 123 persons announced". The Hindu. 15 February 2006. Archived from the original on 29 October 2006. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "Kalaimamani awards for 123 artists". The Hindu. 26 February 2006. Archived from the original on 28 February 2006. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "Kalaimamani awards announced". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 29 January 2011. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 16 May 2021.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Kalaimamani awards (List of Winners 2011-2019)". Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- Kalaimamani Awards (http://cms.tn.gov.in/sites/default/files/go/tour_t_31_2019.pdf)
- "Kalaimamani awards (List of Winners 2011-2019)". Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- "Kalaimamani awards (List of Winners 2019-2020)". Retrieved 5 March 2021.
- "கலைமாமணி விருதுகள் 2019 மற்றும் 2020". www.dinamani.com. Retrieved 28 March 2021.
- "Kalaimamani awards (Tamilnadu Government List of Winners 2019-2020- Page 7-No 52 Joint Award- எஸ்.பாலேஷ் மற்றும் கிருஷ்ணா பலேஷ் ஷெஹ்னாய் கலைஞர்கள்)" (PDF). Retrieved 28 March 2021.
- "செய்திகள் - உள்பட 128 கலைஞர்களுக்கு 'கலைமாமணி' விருது -2020ம் ஆண்டுக்கான கலைமாமணி விருது பெறும் கலைஞர்களின் பெயர் பட்டியல் விவரம் வருமாறு- பண்டிட் எஸ்.பாலேஷ் மற்றும் கிருஷ்ணா பாலேஷ் (செனாய் கலைஞர்கள்)". makkalkural.net. Retrieved 28 March 2021.
- "Tamil Nadu Eyal Isai Nataka Manram". Government of Tamil Nadu.