Kalamboli CIDCO Colony
Skyline of Kalamboli
|• Type||1.Municipal Corporation 2.Special Planning Authority|
|• Body||PCMC and CIDCO|
|Elevation||14.9352 m (49.0000 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||MH 46|
|Post Office||Kalamboli Post Office|
|Police Station||Kalamboli Police Station|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Maval|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Panvel|
|Civic agency||Panvel City Municipal Corporation|
Kalamboli is one of the nodes of Navi Mumbai. It is a transportation hub, being situated at the junction of the Sion-Panvel Highway, NH 4, Panvel By-Pass, NH 17 and Mumbai-Pune Expressway and is among the biggest iron and steel delivery centers in India. The township, like the rest of Navi Mumbai, is divided into sectors, which are further divided into plots. The residential and commercial areas of Kalamboli are divided by the NH 4 highway. Roadpali, a village to the north of Kalamboli, is developing at a faster rate than the latter with many residential projects coming up due to availability of land. Roadpali is located along the Taloja Link Road. Kalamboli also houses the Navi Mumbai Police Headquarters. CIDCO is the nodal administrative body for Kalamboli node. Kalamboli also has a Sewage Water Treatment Plant owned by CIDCO. Kalamboli is now governed by Panvel Municipal Corporation. The terminal of Mumbai-Pune Expressway is at Kalamboli. It also has Navi Mumbai's largest marble market alongside the Sion Panvel Highway.
Auto Rickshaws, NMMT, BEST, MSRTC are the local means for commuters. Auto rickshaws provide the primary means of personal local transportation. Traveling to other nodes, or travels at night, by auto rickshaw usually entails the payment of one-and-a-half times the regular meter fare, or some other negotiated fare. NMMT, BEST and ST buses are available from Kalamboli to Vashi, Ghatkopar, Uran and Thane.
- Kalamboli railway station (Vasai Road - Diva Panvel route of the central line)
- Kalamboli will have three metro stations on the Phase II (MIDC Taloja-Kalamboli–Khandeshwar line) of Navi Mumbai Metro's (Line 1) each in sectors 2E, 7E and 13, once completed.
Nearest Harbour Line Railway Stations
- Mansarovar railway station - 3.5 km approx. from Kalamboli
- Kharghar railway station - 5.4 km approx. from Kalamboli
- Khandeshwar railway station - 3.9 km approx. from Kalamboli
- Panvel railway station - 6.5 km approx. from Kalamboli