Kalmeshwar Railway station
|• Body||Municipal Council|
|Elevation||330 m (1,080 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Kalmeshwar had a population of 17,241. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Kalmeshwar has an average literacy rate of 77%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 82%, and female literacy is 71%. In Kalmeshwar, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Kalmeshwar is an industrial town hence people from various part of the country living here. Dhapewada and Adasa are two important tourist place are near Kalmeshwar.
Adasa fames of गणपती मंदिर आदासा and Dhapewada known as " विधर्भाचे पंधरपूर ".
The governing body for Kalmeshwar city is Municipal council. There are 17 wards in Kalmeshwar city from which 17 cooperators are elected by people. In the same way separate election takes place for the post of Mayor. Mayor has been getting elected directly by people and then he/she needs to prove the majority of cooperators.
Cooperators are responsible for all the developmental work in there wards. There are different committees for different work.
Kalmeshwar is also the taluka headquarter and Panchayat Samiti. There are 106 villages under Kalmeshwar taluka and 51 Gram Panchayat. Kalmeshwar is under Saoner vidhan sabha sconstituency (http://www.elections.in/maharashtra/polling-booth/savner.html) and Ramtek Lok Sabha constituency.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2014)|
Here agriculture is an important part of survival and of economic growth.
Industry and Economy
Kalmeshwar MIDC has almost 150 industrial plot.
- JSW Steel (http://www.jsw.in/steel/kalmeshwar-works)
- KTM Textile
- ESAB India Ltd
- ZIM Pharma ltd
- Metlok Pvt. Ltd.
- Unijuels life sciences
- Chemfield Pharmaceuiticals private ltd.
- Minex Injection Product Private Ltd.
- Minex Mettalurgical co pvt ltd.
- Porohit Textile
- Ats Pharma
- Cipla Pharma
- MRF Tyres
- And Meany More
Are few big name.
Kalmeshwar is just 25 km from Nagpur in north-west direction and hence directly connected with Nagpur by road and railway.
MH SH 248 Nagpur-Katol-Warud is passing through Kalmeshwar town. MH SH Kalmeshwar-Gondkhari connecting Kalmeshwar with National Highway 6 (India)(old numbering) , 12 km south of the city. Hence this highway provide connectivity with Hingna MIDC as well as Butibori MIDC through Outer Ring Road. MH SH Kalmeshwar-Savner connecting Kalmeshwar with Savner and NH 69.
Kalmeshwar is connected to the rest of Maharashtra by railway network. The railway station is situated in the town outskirt.
Kalmeshwar is also connected with the buses of state transport(MSRTC). All the buses on the way to Katol and Warud stops here. Regular buses are running between Nagpur, Katol, Savner, Dapewada, Mohapa, Gondkhari etc.
Nagpur city bus service (i.e. STAR BUS) is also available from Nagpur at regular interval.
Kalmeshwar comes under Nagpur metropolitan area and hence large number of educational institutes exist in the Kalmeshwar area.
Good number of schools exist in Kalmeshwar.
few big Institutes near Kalmeshwar are listed below-
- K.Z.S.Science College,Bramhani, Kalmeshwar.(http://www.kzsscb.com)
- Institute of Management and Technology at Dorli village.
- Guru Nanak Institute Of Engineering and Technology at Dahegoan village.
- NUVA College of Engineering and Technology.
- Nagar parishad high school kalmeshwar
- Carmel Academy Higher Secondary School (CBSE) Waroda ,Kalmeshwar
- "Administrative divisions of Nagpur district". National Informatic Center. Government of Maharashtra. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This Nagpur district, Maharashtra, India location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|