|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Howrah|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Domjur|
Kalara is located at
It is broadly subdivided into four zones
- South Kolorah, has a madrasah named Majahirul Ulum Islamia Senior Madrasah, Karbala G M Primary School and Kolorah Haji Abdul Ohab Institution. There is a market named Karbala Bazar and one Primary Health Centre.
- North Kolorah,has a Bazar, Kolorah High School and a Madrasah
- Maddhya (Middle) Kolorah
- New Kolorah
As per 2011 Census of India Kalara had a total population of 27,210 of which 14,102 (52%) were males and 13,108 (48%) were females. Population below 6 years was 3,304. The total number of literates in Kalara was 19,309 (80.77 % of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Kalara had a population of 23,129. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Kalara has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 68%, and female literacy is 60%. In Kalara, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Most of the people of Kolorah are zari workers and some are tailors by profession, they work in Kolkata Barabazar.
- "District-wise list of statutory towns". Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|