|Elevation||11 m (36 ft)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Alappuzha|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Alappuzha|
10 km north of Alappuzha city, it is well-connected by road and rail. Regarded as one among the most prominent of villages in Alappuzha,[according to whom?] many public as well as private institutions are situated here. Almost all Kerala State Road Transport Corporation bus services and passenger, demu/memu trains have halts in Kalavoor along with auto-taxi-bus stand that opens up good transportation facilities here.
As of 2011[update] India census, Kalavoor has a population of 29,808 with 14,458 males and 15,350 females living in 7,385 households. Population of children with age range of 0–6 years, is 2717 which is 9.12% of the total population. The sex ratio of Kalavoor is 1062, lower than the state average of 1087. The child sex ratio is 959, which again is lower than the state average of 964.
Hinduism, Islamism and Christianity are the three major religions found.
- Ratheesh (Late), Malayalam actor
- Kalavoor Ravikumar, Malayalam screenwriter and movie director
- Kalavoor Balan, Malayalam film music director
- Kalavoor N Gopinath, former national volleyball player
- National Institute of Coir Research and Training
- All India Radio (A.I.R) booster station
- Kalavoor Government Higher Secondary School
- Kerala State Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Limited, K.S.D.P
- Valiya kalavoor sree krishna temple
- Cheriya kalavoor ayyappa swamy temple
- Kalavoor Subrahmanya swamy temple
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kalavoor.|