|Elevation||11 m (36 ft)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Alappuzha|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Alappuzha|
10 km north of Alappuzha city, it is well-connected by road and rail. Regarded to be one among the most prominent villages in Alappuzha, many public as well as private institutions are situated here.Almost all KSRTC bus services and passenger,demu/memu train's have halt's in Kalavoor along with Auto-Taxi-Bus stand that opens up good transportation facilities here.
As of 2011[update] India census, Kalavoor has a population of 29,808 with 14,458 males and 15,350 females living in 7,385 households. Population of children with age range of 0–6 years, is 2717 which is 9.12% of the total population. Sex ratio of Kalavoor is 1062, lower than the State average of 1087. Child sex ratio is 959, which again is lower than the State average of 964.
Hinduism, Islamism and Christianity are the three major religions found.
- Ratheesh (Late),Malayalam Film actor
- Kalavoor Ravikumar, Malayalam screenwriter and Movie Director
- Kalavoor Balan,Malayalam film music director
- Kalavoor N Gopinath (Late),Former National Volleyball Player
- National Institute of Coir Research and Training
- All India Radio (A.I.R) booster station
- Kalavoor Government Higher Secondary School
- Kerala State Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Limited, K.S.D.P
- Valiya kalavoor sree krishna temple https://www.facebook.com/sreekrishnaswamy/
- Cheriya kalavoor ayyappa swamy temple
- Kalavoor Subrahmanya swamy temple
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kalavoor.|