|Municipality of Kalayaan|
Laguna's Symbol of Peace and Unity
Map of Laguna with Kalayaan highlighted
|Region||Calabarzon (Region IV-A)|
|Founded||May 17, 1956|
|Barangays||3 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Leni Adao|
|• Electorate||14,652 voters (2016)|
|• Total||46.60 km2 (17.99 sq mi)|
|• Density||500/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)49|
|Climate type||Tropical monsoon climate|
|Income class||3rd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||83.1 million (2016)|
Kalayaan, officially the Municipality of Kalayaan, (Tagalog: Bayan ng Kalayaan), is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Laguna, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 23,269 people.
Kalayaan is roughly rectangular in shape, with a hilly terrain on most of its eastern side, while relatively flat on its western side. Its highest elevations are from 400 to 418 metres. These are found in Sitio Santo Angel, Malaking Pulo, and Cabuhayan in Barangay San Juan, and Sitio Lamao in Barangay San Antonio. Approximately three fourths of the total land area are with terrain 300 metres above sea level. Its lowest points are from 5 to 20 metres along the western sections of Barangays San Juan and Longos towards Laguna de Bay.
The municipality was formerly called Longos until 1956 when it was changed to its present name.
- Longos (old capital town)
- San Antonio
- San Juan
|Population census of Kalayaan|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Kalayaan, Laguna, was 23,269 people, with a density of 500 inhabitants per square kilometre or 1,300 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Laguna". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Republic Act No. 1417, PhilippineLaw, retrieved 2012
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region IV-A (Calabarzon)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Laguna". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kalayaan, Laguna.|