He comes from a family of scholars known as "Khandaan-e-Ijtehad". He traces his lineage from Syed Dildar Ali Naqvi Nasirabadi (also known as Ghufran Ma'ab) His ancestors came to Jais from Sabzwar He is son of Maulana Syed Kalbe Abid; Maulana Syed Kalbe Hussain was his grandfather and Dr. Kalbe Sadiq is his uncle.
Positions and activities
He has held following positions:
- Imam-e-Juma (leader of the Friday prayers) at the Shahi Asafi Mosque, Lucknow.
- Senior member of All India Muslim Personal Law Board.
- Patron & chairman of the committee of "Shia Orphanage" Gulistan-e-Abutalib a.s., Lucknow.
- Member of the "Joint Ulema Council", founded after 19 February 2006.
In June 2000 he founded an organization named Tanzeem-e-Pasdaran-e-Husain (a.s.).
Involvement in Azadari movement of Lucknow
- He with Sunni clerics Maulana Qamar Minai and Imam Bukhari of Delhi were arrested on 3 June 1997 for organising a meeting and defying Section 144 I.P.C.
- He was again arrested on 28 June 1997 at 4:00 a.m. under National Security Act (NSA).
The government later entered into a tripartite Shias-Sunnis-Administration agreement and nine main processions on the 1st, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th Muharrum, Chehlum, 8th Rabiul Awwal and 21st Ramzan have been restored.
Involvement in Waqf movement of Lucknow
The "Waqf Movement" or Tehreek-e-Awqaf which is going on in Lucknow under his leadership has achieved a nominal success till date.
- founder of noore hidayat foundation lucknow 
Involvement in demonstrations and rallies
Execution of Nimr al-Nimr
In an interview condemning the execution of Nimr al-Nimr in Saudi Arabia which was posted on the Internet on January 3, 2016 (as translated by MEMRI), Jawad accused Israel and the United States to be involved in the execution, stating that: "Israeli and American hands are involved in [the execution of Sheikh Al-Nimr in Saudi Arabia] and so are other Arab countries, which have unleashed cruelty on the minorities, and are supporting and backing terrorism. They are all involved in this. They don't want any voices to be raised against terrorism."
Wahhabism and Jews
In the same interview Jawad compared practicioners of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia to Jews, stating that: "This is the path of the Jews. According to their Talmud, none but the Jews have the right to live. The Jewish mentality and the Wahhabi mentality are one and the same. That is why we say that there is no difference between the Saudis and the Jews. Their policies are the same, and they support one another. In fact, the Jews are their patrons."
- The Milli Gazette Online, Who is Kalbe Jawwad By Rizvi Syed Haider Abbas, 24 May 2006
- Tanzeem-e-Pasdaran-e-Husain, home.
- shia yateem khaana, Lucknow, Committee
- shia yateem khaana, Lucknow, Home
- Tanzeem-e-Pasdaran-e-Husain, Azadari Movement Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "pasdaran-aza" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Tanzeem-e-Pasdaran-e-Husain, News
- Cleric detained, supporters go on rampage in Lucknow, Express news service, Mon Nov 15 2010, 04:28 hrs
- Shia tussle spills on to Lucknow road, TNN, Nov 15, 2010, 04.12am IST
- Dispute over college sparks violence, The Hindu, Lucknow, November 15, 2010
- Row over Shia College, Rohit Singh, Hindustan Times, Lucknow, November 14, 2010
- on YouTube
- Indian Shias outraged at the execution of Saudi cleric Sheikh Nimr, call for nationwide protest, The Times of India, Jan 2, 2016.
- Shiite Indian Cleric Kalbe Jawad: Jewish and Wahhabi Mentality Responsible for Terrorism, MEMRI, Clip No. 5309 (transcript) (Video clip available here), January 3, 2016.