This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sleaszy Rider Records
Manuele Di Ascenzo
Kaledon was formed in late 1998 by guitarist Alex Mele, after he ceased activity with his former band River Of Change, together with bass player Paolo Lezziroli and rhythm guitarist Tommy Nemesio. Shortly afterwards, drummer Daniele Staccini and vocalist Alexander Penta joined the band, which started to play in a classic Heavy Metal style, influenced by Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. After a few weeks, Alexander Penta left Kaledon for conflicting schedules, being replaced by female singer Roberta Della Casa for a number of concerts in their native Rome, before settling on a full-time replacement, Anthony Drago.
In the summer of 1999, drummer Daniele Staccini was asked to leave the band, and Dario Sacco filled his place behind the kit. In the following months, Kaledon played extensively in their hometown, getting some notoriety in the Roman underground metal scene. During this time, the band decided to switch from their original sound to a German-scene influenced power metal. The guitarist Alex Mele writes a concept-story: Legend Of The Forgotten Reign.
In the web site of the Kaledon, in the section Story is possible to know the history of Legend Of The Forgotten Reign, in English, but in the Forum it is present the translation in Italian. This history is divided in six chapters narrated by six albums.
In the autumn of 1999, Kaledon produced, without a keyboard player, their first Demo Spirit Of The Dragon I. Subsequently, Fabio Bernardi, the keyboard player of the River Of Change, joined the group as guest for six months and with his keyboards it will make the all most competitive. In this period, the keyboard player participates in the realization of two new Demo Spirit Of The Dragon II (the same preceding version, but with the keyboards) and God Says Yes I. Concluded the recordings, the band is entertained by the radio broadcast Metal Massacre, conducted by the historian figure of Baffo that is also the manager of the band.
On 16 June 2000, Kaledon played with Ronnie James Dio to the Foro Italico in Rome. Subsequently, the band replaced, for personal problems, drummer Dario Sacco with David Folchitto (drummer of Stormlord and of other band underground of Rome) and Anthony Drago with Claudio Conti.
Kaledon recorded, with the new members, the new Demo God Says Yes II. The band used the same traces of the preceding Demo God Says Yes I but with the new vocal parts of Claudio Conti. Finished the collaboration with Fabio Bernardi, the band finds their new keyboard player: Daniel Fuligni (ex member of Ghost Rider).
Record deal and debut album
In the month of November 2001, Kaledon sign a contract for the Italian company SteelBorn Records, division of the company Northwind Records.
Between November 2001 and March 2002, Kaledon record their album of debut Legend Of The Forgotten Reign - Chapter I: The Destruction. It was published in October 2002 and later they worked for a tribute to Manowar with the song Courage. The disk of debut was welcomed all over the world very well and on October 20 they participate at Northwind Festival to the Alpheus in Rome, attracting a lot of interested people to their musical proposal.
Alex Mele began to write his book for Legend Of The Forgotten Reign.[date missing] Immediately after the publication of their first chapter, they begin to work for the second album. In the month of April 2003 they enter study to record the new album and on July of the same year, they publishes their new album: Legend Of The Forgotten Reign - Chapter II: The King's Rescue. In the meantime they work for a tribute to Stratovarius with the song Father Time.
Kaledon engaged their new manager Dario Annibali.[when?]
To the beginning of 2004 the band works for the third chapter, but unfortunately David Folchitto decides to leave the band to devote more time to other projects and Alex Mele finds his substitute in one of his preferred drummers: Jorg Michael member of Stratovarius.
With this formation, in July 2004, Kaledon go to Como (Italy) and together with Jorg Michael they enter the study Mirage for the recordings of the parts of battery; the rest is recorded between October and December of the same year in the The Outer Sound Studios in Rome of Giuseppe Orlando. These recordings are very long and difficult, but at the end the new album Legend Of The Forgotten Reign - Chapter III: The Way Of The Light is a true masterpiece. During the realization of the third chapter, David Folchitto decides to reenter in team.
The band began to propose dates for the concerts and launchings types of gadgets and with the Kick Promotion Agency of Rome, it realizes all over the world a great deal of interviews. Kaledon become a great reality in the world of the metal. Immediately later, also this time without break, they begin to work for the following chapter, but its publication is delayed for cause of their separation by the SteelBorn Records because held from the band, incapable to follow their walk.
Kaledon signed a contract with a great European company the German Hellion Records that works for the band in Europe; they also sign a contract with the American Universal Metal Production that offers a great possibility to the band: to publish their works in America.
In December 2006, in Europe, the fourth album of Kaledon is published, Legend Of The Forgotten Reign - Chapter IV: Twilight Of The Gods.
The 13 July 2007, Kaledon participate in the tenth edition of the Headbangers Open Air, while the eleven August of the same year they participate in the thirteenth edition of the Agglutination Festival with Gamma Ray.
In October 2007, Claudio Conti leaves the band for some problems with all the members. Kaledon announce the beginning of the auditions for the new singer, but only after one month they promote to full votes Marco Palazzi.
- Michele Guaitoli - Vocals
- Alex "The King" Mele - Lead guitar
- Tommy Nemesio - Rhythm guitar
- Paolo Campitelli - Keyboards
- Paolo "The Animal" Lezziroli - Bass
- Massimiliano Santori - Drums
Ex band members
- Marco Palazzi - Vocals (2007–2014)
- Claudio Conti - Vocals (2001–2007)
- Jorg Michael - Drums (participated in the construction of the third album in 2004)
- Anthony Drago - Vocals (1999–2001)
- Fabio Bernardi - Keyboards (2000–2001)
- Dario Sacco - Drums (1999–2001)
- Fabrizio Lucidi - Drums (2000) Replaces Dario Sacco for a few months
- Daniele Staccini - Drums (1998–1999)
- Roberta Della Casa - Vocals (1999) Only a few live
- Alessandro Penta - Vocals (1998–1999)
- Daniele Fuligni - Keyboards (2001–2013)
- David Folchitto - Drums (2001–2011)
- Luca Marini - Drums (2012)
- Legend of The Forgotten Reign - Chapter I: The Destruction (2002)
- Legend of The Forgotten Reign - Chapter II: The King's Rescue (2003)
- Legend of The Forgotten Reign - Chapter III: The Way of the Light (2005)
- Legend of The Forgotten Reign - Chapter IV: Twilight of the Gods (2006)
- Legend of The Forgotten Reign - Chapter V: A New Era Begins (2008)
- Legend of The Forgotten Reign - Chapter VI: The Last Night on the Battlefield (2010)
- Mightiest Hits (2012)
- Altor: The King's Blacksmith (2013)
- Antillius: The King Of The Light (2014)
- Spirit Of The Dragon I
- Spirit Of The Dragon II
- God Says Yes I
- God Says Yes II
- Loud Sounds No. 2 Compilation Rock Hard N°2 (God Says Yes)
- The Metalmerchant Compilation CD Volume 18 (God Says Yes)
- Loud Sounds No. 35 Compilation Rock Hard N°35 (Mighty Son of the Great Lord)
- 29/02/2008 - JailBreak (Roma)
- 12/10/2007 - Target (Bari)
- 11/08/2007 - Agglutination Festival (Sant'Arcangelo "PZ") con i Gamma Ray
- 13/07/2007 - Headbangers Open Air (Amburgo-Germania)
- 21/01/2007 - Stazione Birra (Morena "RM")
- 08/01/2006 - JailBreak (Roma)
- 27/11/2005 - Acquofono Club (Fiumicino "RM")
- 02/11/2005 - Acquofono Club (Fiumicino "RM")
- 25/09/2005 - Bombardier (Roma)
- 20/07/2005 - ShamRock (Roma)
- 09/06/2005 - Alpheus (Roma)
- 28/06/2004 - Centrale Del Tennis (Roma)
- 30/11/2003 - Coetus Pub (Roma)
- 20/11/2003 - Alpheus (Roma)
- 06/06/2003 - Festa del vino (Riofreddo "RM")
- 20/02/2002 - Alpheus (Roma)
- 29/06/2001 - Alkatraz (Fiumicino "RM")
- 16/06/2000 - Foro Italico (Roma) con Ronnie James Dio
Web sites of Kaledon fans in the world
Some Kaledon's fans of various nationalities have realized web sites in their own language, entirely devoted to Kaledon:
- "Kaledon - Altor: The King's Blacksmith". Metal Blast. Retrieved 2013-04-28.