Location in East Azerbaijan Province
Location of East Azerbaijan Province in Iran
|Bakhsh (Districts)||Central District, Abish Ahmad District|
|Time zone||UTC+3:30 (IRST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+4:30 (IRDT)|
|Kaleybar County can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "9205876" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".|
Kaleybar County (Persian: شهرستان کلیبر) is a county in East Azerbaijan Province in Iran. The capital of the county is Kaleybar. In addition to the capital city, the county is noted for the Arasbaran forests protected area and the Bazz Galasi, the fortress of Babak Khorramdin.
At the 2006 census, the county's population (including those portions later split off to form Khoda Afarin County) was 87,259, in 19,250 families; excluding those portions, the population was 52,798, in 11,758 families. The county is subdivided into two districts: the Central District and Abish Ahmad District. The county has two cities: Kaleybar and Abish Ahmad.
Kaleybar County is divided into two districts:
- Kaleybar Central District (Markazi) administered from Kaleybar;
- Abish Ahmad District with Abish Ahmad as its administrative seat
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kaleybar county.|
- Adamec, Ludwig W. (1976) Historical Gazetteer of Iran: Tehran and Northwestern Iran Akademische Drucku. Verlagsanstalt, Graz, Austria, page 326, ISBN 3-201-00992-X
- Burke, Andrew and Elliott. Mark (2008) Iran Lonely Planet, Footscray, Victoria, Australia, page 159, ISBN 978-1-74104-293-1
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
- اطلس گیتاشناسی استانهای ایران [Atlas Gitashenasi Ostanhai Iran] (Gitashenasi Province Atlas of Iran)
|This Kaleybar County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|