|• Body||Kaliaganj Municipality|
|Elevation||40 m (130 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Raiganj|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Kaliaganj|
The word "Kaliyaganj" is come from the word "Kaliya" means "Krishna", the character of Mahabharata
|Cities and towns in the Uttar Dinajpur district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town, R: rural/ urban centre, T: tourist centre
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
Kaliaganj police station under West Bengal police has jurisdiction over Kaliaganj town and Kaliaganj CD block. It is 22 km from the district headquarters and covers an area of 301.9 km2.There is a Town Outpost under this PS.
CD block HQ
In the map alongside, all places marked on the map are linked in the full screen version.
As per the 2011 Census of India, Kaliaganj had a total population of 53,530, of which 27,321 (51%) were males and 26,209 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 5,105. The total number of literates in Kaliaganj was 41,622 (85.95% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Kaliyaganj had a population of 47,639. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. According to 2011 census, Kaliyaganj has an average literacy rate of 85.95%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 89.77%, and female literacy is 81.95%. In Kaliyaganj, 9.54% of the population is under 6 years of age in the year 2011.
New broad gauge line from Kaliaganj to Buniadpur (33.10 km) was included in the budget 2010-11. 157.938 ha of land is to be acquired. As of August 2018, project work by Northeast Frontier Railway is held up mainly because of paucity of funds.
Kaliyaganj College was established in 1968. Affiliated to the University of Gour Banga, it offers honours courses in Bengali, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, political science, history, philosophy, economics, physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science and accounting, and general courses in arts, science and commerce.
Kaliyaganj College of Education at Krishnabati, Kaliyaganj, offers B.Ed. and D.El.Ed. courses.
Kaliyaganj Milanmayee Girls’ High School is a girls only higher secondary school at Schoolpara, Kaliyaganj. Established in 1949, it has arrangements for teaching from class VI to XII.
Kaliaganj State General Hospital, with 60 beds is a major medical facility at Kaliaganj.
- "Uttar Dinajpur Rail Network Map". Maps of India. Retrieved 2 February 2008.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2013 Uttar Dinajpur". Table 2.1. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "Uttar Dinajpur District Police". Kaliyaganj Police Station. District Police. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "District Census Handbook Uttar Dinajpur, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Map of Uttar Dinajpur district on the fifth page. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "BDO Offices under Uttar Dinajpur District". Department of Mass Education Extension & Library Services, Government of West Bengal. West Bengal Public Library Network. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "55729 Katihar-Radhikapur Passenger". Time Table. indiarailinfo. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- "Brief of all projects (as of 31st August 2018)" (PDF). Page 15: New BG line from Kaliaganj to Buniadpur (33.10 Km). Northeast Frontier Railway (Cconstruction). Retrieved 2 December 2018.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- "Kaliyaganj College". KC. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Kaliyaganj College". College Admission. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Kaliyaganj College of Education". KCE. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Kaliyaganj Parbati Sundari High School". Target Study. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Kaliyaganj Parbati Sundari High School". Free Tutorial.in. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Kaliaganj Milanmayee Girls' High School". KMGHS. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 12 January 2019.