Logo of Bihar Art Theatre
|Address||South East Gandhi Maidan, Patna - 800 004
|Owner||Bihar Art Theatre|
Kalidas Rangalaya is one of Bihar's well-known theatres and a center for cultural performances in Patna, India. It is in the southeast corner of Gandhi Maidan and is run by the Bihar Art Theater which is the regional centre of International Theatre Institute, UNESCO, Paris.
Named after Kālidāsa, it was established on 9 October 1974 by Anil Kumar Mukherjee. It is built on land given by the Government of Bihar to Bihar Art Theater to promote and pursue theatrical and cultural activities in the state capital.
Today the Kalidas Rangalaya consists of a stage, auditorium, Bihar Institute of Dramatics office and a cafeteria, known as 'Annapurna'. The complex also houses Shakuntala Janta Theater, Priyambada Children's Theater, Anasuya Art Gallery and Abhyathna Guest House for artists. Classes in dance and music forms, painting, and photography are offered at the complex.
- Bhartiya Nritya Kala Mandir
- Premchand Rangshala
- Manoj Bhawuk has done his diploma in Drama from Kalidas Rangalaya.
- About Us. "About Us". Kalidas Rangalaya. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "4-day theatre fest opens at Kalidas Rangalaya - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-11-27. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Bihar | Kalidas Rangalaya keeps drama alive". Telegraphindia.com. 2010-08-05. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "Street's a stage for these artistes - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-01-17. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- "Kalidas Rangalaya, Patna". Go4patna.com. 1961-06-25. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
|This article related to a film organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|