|Full name||Kalif Alhassan|
|Date of birth||October 15, 1990|
|Place of birth||Accra, Ghana|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Playing position||Midfielder / Winger|
|New York Cosmos|
|2010||Portland Timbers (USL)||6||(2)|
|2016||Tampa Bay Rowdies||6||(0)|
|2017–||New York Cosmos||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of May 17, 2016.
In 2010, Alhassan signed with Portland Timbers of the USSF Division 2 Professional League, in hopes of staying with the club in 2011 for their inaugural season in Major League Soccer, the top tier of the United States soccer pyramid. In his first start for the Timbers, Alhassan scored in second-half stoppage time to give Portland a 1–0 victory over Puerto Rico Islanders.
In 2011 Alhassan became the third player in Major League Soccer history to open his career with assists in each of his first three home games, all Timbers wins. He scored his first MLS goal for the Timbers on the opening weekend of the 2012 MLS season, chipping the ball over Philadelphia Union goalkeeper Zac MacMath to seal the Timbers' victory at 3-1. In addition to his goal, Alhassan assisted on another goal and earned the free kick which led to the equalizing goal. For his performance, Alhassan was named Player of the Week for week 1 of the 2012 MLS season, becoming the first Timbers player ever to win the award.
Alhassan began his international career in 2007 with the Ghana U-17 national team. He debuted with the Ghana U-20 national team in 2008 although he did not make the squad for the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup, won by Ghana. In May 2008 Alhassan was also called into a camp with the Ghana national team for the 2009 African Nations Championship, again missing out on the final squad.
- "Timbers sign Ghanaian midfielder Kalif Alhassan" (Press release). Portland Timbers. August 19, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Portland 1, Puerto Rico 0: Alhassan's first goal is a winner". The Oregonian. Portland. September 18, 2010. Retrieved September 20, 2010.
- "Quotes & Notes: Timbers: 1, Union: 0". Portland Timbers. May 7, 2011. Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- "Timbers player named MLS PotW for first time". mlssoccer.com. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Tampa Bay Rowdies sign winger Kalif Alhassan". Retrieved 17 December 2015.