Kaliganj Upazila, Jhenaidah
|• Total||310.16 km2 (119.75 sq mi)|
|• Density||706/km2 (1,830/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
Kaliganj (Bengali: কালীগঞ্জ (ঝিনাইদহ)) is an Upazila of Jhenaidah District in the Division of Khulna, Bangladesh. One of the most important business areas is Kaliganj under Jhenaidah District. It crosses between Dhaka Khulna Highway. It has the myth of Gazi Kalu Champabati, Historical mosques of Barobazar, the largest banyan tree in Asia & the flow of Chitra & Begobati.
Kaliganj is located at http://kaliganj.jhenaidah.gov.bd/. It has 38,339 households and a total area of 310.16 km².
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Kaliganj had a population of 219,126. Males constituted 51.76% of the population, and females 48.24%. The population aged 18 or older was 112,587. Kaliganj has an average literacy rate of 29.7% (7+ years), compared to the national average of 32.4%. http://kaliganj.jhenaidah.gov.bd/ 
- Mobarakganj Sugar Mills Ltd
Points of interest
- Naldanga Temple Complex:, in the Kaliganj Upazilla, is a temple complex built in 1656 by Maharaj Indranarayan Debroy. There are a total of six temples now. The government restored all of them in 1980s but they were destroyed again during the riot and now most of them are in ruins. Renovations are still going on. The idol of goddess Kali was from Banaras, India. Buses to Kaliganj are easily available from Jessore. Naldanga can be reached by rickshaw from Kaliganj.
- The biggest banyan tree in the world is situated at Mollikpur Village under Kaligonj Upazilla. One can go there by rickshaw or means from Kaliganj. The main bus station is within 45 minutes.
- Baro Bazar: Gazi kalur chompa botir Mazar, Gora Mosjid (Mosque), Sako bazar mosjid and more than 10 other mosjid (mosques) and more than 5 big dighi are situated in Baro Bazar of Kaligonj Upazilla.[clarification needed]
- Bulu Deouan er Mazar is another remarkable place in Kaligonj Upazilla.
- Kolika Doha is situated in Naldanga, 300 miter distance from Naldanga Temple Complex.
- The Gunjanath temple dates back to the 17th century, also in Kaliganj. It can be reached from Naldanga.
- Alaipur Mosque : A historical mosque has been discovered here in the previous decade.
Kaligonj Upozilla is known as Jhenaidah-4 in Parliament of Bangladesh. Kaliganj has 11 Unions, 9 Wards, 206 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 196 villages. Member of Parliament :
- Mr. Anoarul Azim Anar, MP (5th January 2014 – present) in 10th General Election
- Mr. Abdul Mannan, MP (2009–2014) in 9th General Election
- Mr. Shahidul Islam Baltu, MP (1991–1996, February 1996 – June 1996, 1996–2001, 2001–2006) in 5th to 8th General Election
List of Union Councils
The following union councils are in Kaliganj:
- Sundorpur-Durgapur Union
- Jamal Union
- Kola Union
- Niamotpur Union
- Simla Rokonpur Union
- Trilochonpur Union
- Raigram Union
- Maliat Union
- BaroBazar Union
- Kastovanga Union
- Rakhalgasi Union
College and Madrasha
- Baliadanga Dakhil Madrasha
- Damoder Pur karamotia dakhil madrasha
- Shaheed Noor Ali College
- Sait Baria Haqqul Huda Alim Madrasha
- Mahatab Uddin Degree College, Kaliganj [Honours Degree Enabled also]
- Alhaz Amzad Ali And Faizur Rahman Mohila College - Intermediate College. Kaliganj.
- Shoaib Nagor Alia Madrasha
- A.B.M.A college Chaprial. It has formed very recently.
- Barobazar college, Kaliganj, Jhenaidah.
- Bolida Para koumia Madrasha, Kaligonj Jhenidah, (beside Mubarokganj Sugar mill)
- Ramnagor College.
- keya bagan college.
- Baliadanga M S Secondary School, Baliadanga bazar, Kaliganj★
- Rostom Ali High School, Roghunathpur.
- Naldanga Bhushan Pilot Secondary School, (Kaliganj) was formed in 1882 by Rajadhiraj Pramatha Bhushan Roy Choudhury
- Solimun Nesa Girls' High School, Kaliganj
- Kaligonj Bhushon Girls' Junior High School, Kaliganj
- M.K.S.M. High School
- B.H.A.B. Mundia High School, Kaliganj, Jhenaidah
- Kolabazar secondary School, Kolabazar, Kaliganj
- Chaprail High School, Kaliganj, Jhenaidah was formed in 1963.
- Barobazar High School, Barobazar, Kaliganj
- Pachkhownia High School Kaliganj, Jhenaidah
- Bango Bondhu Sheik Mujip Viddyd Nikaton - Secondary School. Kaligonj
- Kalu Khali Madhupur High School, Kaliganj
- Mastabapur Secondary High School, Kaliganj
- Raigram Bani Kanta High School,Raigram
- Bethuli High School Bethuli
- Gopalpur High School, Gopalpur
- Norendropur Ghosnagor secondary school
- Mander Baria Chandpara High School
- Abdul Jabbar High School. Badurgacha, Kaligonj
- Dulalmundia High School
- Akterpur High School, Kaligong, Jhenidah
Primary school and Pre-cadet
- Baliadanga Govt. Primary School, Baliadanga Bazaar, Kaliganj ★
- National Pre-Cadet Academy, Baliadanga Bazaar, Kaliganj★
- Taghori huda govt.praimary school,gazir bazar,kaligonj
- Arpara Shibnagar model Primary School (1955)
- Niamot Pur Government Primary School
- Helay primary school
- Kasipur primary school
- Sreerampur primary school
- Bolidapara Government Primary School
- Durgapur Government Primary School
- Gopalpur Primary School
- Morning Sun KG School, Damoderpur.
- Joynul Abedin Pre-cadet School, Damoderpur
- Ashar-Alo Pre-Cadet school
- S.B.G.M Primary School
- Nishchintopur Vushon Non Government Primary School, Nishchintopur,
Kaligonj was formed in 2001 by S.M. Abu Jafor Som (Retd. CIC)
- AL-Amin Pre-Cadet School
- Sunikaton Pathsala
- K.G. school Kaliganj
- Singi Gov. Primary School
- Khosalpur–Eneythpur Non Government primary school.
- Sreerampur Govt. Primary School, Kalganj.
- Huda Raripara Govt.primary school,kaliganj
- KaluKhali Sarkari Primary School
- Babra Sarkari Primary School
- Dulalmundia Sarkari Primary School
- Farashpur Govt. Primary School
- 51No.Bhatpara govt. primary school
This information is included by XanthIIc Maruf