Location of Kalihati Upazila in Tangail District
|• Total||301.22 km2 (116.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Official Map of Kalihati|
It has a historical background during the liberation war in 1971.A great child of this land named Kader Siddiqui who later gained the great title "Bir Uttom" for his contribution for the war. After the liberation war he gave 32 trucks of weapons to the government. In the liberation period he formed a group named "Kaderia Bahini" with the brave bangalees. The "Kaderia Bahini" was very ferocious against the Pakistanis.
As of the 2011 Bangladesh census, Kalihati has a population of 4,10,293. Males constitute 51.55% of the population, and females 48.45%. Kalihati has an average literacy rate of 42.9% (7+ years).Male literary rate is 46.1% and female literary rate is 39.8%.
The Kalihati thana was established in 1928 and was turned into an upazila in 1983. The upazila consists of 2 municipalities, 14 union parishads, 248 mouzas, 298 villages.
The Union Parishads are-
- Balla Union
- Bangra Union
- Bir Bashinda Union
- Dashkia Union
- Durgapur Union
- Gohaliabari Union
- Kok Dohora Union
- Nagbari Union
- Narandia Union
- Paikara Union
- Parkhi Union
- Salla Union
- Sahadebpur Union
- Bangabandhu Textile Engineering College
- Kalihati College
- Samsul Haque College
- Lutfor Rahman Motin Mohila College
- shahid jamal high school
- Dr. Debapriya Bhattacharya Econnomist,Distinguished Fellow at the Centre for Policy Dialogue(CPD).
- Manna Popular Actor,Producer.
- Abu Sayeed Chowdhury- Jurist,V.C of Dhaka University, 2nd President of Bangladesh
- Kalihati Town
- Tangail District
- Upazilas of Bangladesh
- Districts of Bangladesh
- Divisions of Bangladesh
- Shymal Chandra Nath (2012), "Kalihati Upazila", in Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal, Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.), Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
|This Dhaka Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|