|Alma mater||New York University|
Kalika Joy Nacion Yap is an American entrepreneur and inventor. She is known for inventing the Luxe Link, a fashion accessory that hangs women’s purses to keep them off the floor. Yap is the founder and CEO of an interactive design and consulting agency called Citrus Studios, based in Santa Monica, California, and The Waxing Company, a waxing salon in Honolulu. Yap is president of the Los Angeles chapter of the Entrepreneurs' Organization and is host of its podcast, Wonder.
According to Entrepreneur Magazine, by 2008, Luxe Link achieved a million dollars in revenue. The company has licensing deals with Cole Haan, Michael Kors, The Beatles, Hello Kitty, Wells Fargo, Live Nation, and other major brands.
On February 19, 2013, Luxe Link announced a $350,000 settlement of its patent-infringement lawsuit against online retailer Provide Commerce Inc. Luxe Link filed the lawsuit in U.S. Federal District Court in Los Angeles in 2012, accusing Provide Commerce of selling patent-infringing purse hooks on RedEnvelope.com. As part of the settlement, Provide Commerce began selling Luxe Link exclusively on RedEnvelope.
Yap launched her third business – The Waxing Company, a waxing salon in her hometown of Honolulu.
Awards and press
Yap is a member of the Entrepreneur’s Organization and was named a Rising Star with the National Women Business Owners Corporation  and is a trustee of the Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena, Calif.
In 2011, she was one of twenty Los Angeles business leaders to meet with Beatrice Hidalgo, senior policy advisor in the Office of Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs at the White House to discuss needs of small business entrepreneurs.
In November 2014, Yap was featured as a business expert on the MSNBC show "Your Business", where she answered viewer questions about growing their small business through acquisitions and whether or not the size of your office space really matters. She also appeared on the program in February 2016.
In February 2015, Kalika Yap was selected as part of global fashion brand BCBG's New Guard campaign featuring "the county's most interesting women" both in print and video. Kalika is featured along with Kiva founder Jessica Jackley, TechCrunch co-editor Alexia Tsotsis, and CBS journalist Alison Harmelin.
In 2017, Yap was honored by BMW as one of four female social entrepreneurs in Los Angeles as “Women Who Pay It 4Ward." She was recently included in Microsoft's ebook "10 under 10" that features 10 successful entrepreneurs with less than 10 employees. She was also a featured speaker at the Los Angeles Business Journal's 2018 Women's Council & Awards.
Yap is married to Rodney Yap, a former financial reporter and editor for Bloomberg News. The couple have two daughters, Malia and Kailani. They have homes in Santa Monica, California, Las Vegas, Nevada and Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Women Magazine
- "Purse Hanger for Table: Purse Hooks & Bag holder". LuxeLink. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Los Angeles Web Design Company & Marketing Agency". CitrusStudios. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Home". The Waxing Co. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Women-Owned Businesses Thrive In L.A. « CBS Los Angeles". Losangeles.cbslocal.com. 2015-01-12. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Entrepreneurs' Organization – Los Angeles: Board of Directors". Entrepreneurs' Organization – Los Angeles. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- "Entrepreneurs' Organization: Podcasts". Entrepreneurs' Organization. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- "Women Making a Difference 2014" (PDF). Cbjonline.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- Toren, Adam (24 February 2016). "How 8 Mompreneurs Succeeded at Small Business Without Sacrificing Family". Entrepreneur.com. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "Patents by Inventor Kalika N. Yap". Patents.justia.com\accessdate=2017-02-23.
- Hoang, Celeste (1 June 2008). "Purse Charming". Entrepreneur.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Purse Hanger for Table: Purse Hooks & Bag holder". LuxeLink. Archived from the original on 2016-12-06. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Patent Business: Deals, Settlements, Licenses for February 2013 - IPWatchdog.com | Patents & Patent Law". IPWatchdog.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Asian Business WArds 2013" (PDF). Cbjonline.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Women's Business". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Pacific Asia Museum Announces New Trustees | Pasadena California, Hotels, CA Real Estate, Restaurants, City Guide... - Pasadena.com". Pasadena Now. 2013-06-05. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Anti-Defamation League To Honor Santa Monican Kalika Nacion Yap: | Santa Monica Mirror". Smmirror.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Farmers Insurance: Home, Life & Auto Insurance Quotes". Farmers.com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "L.A. Area Chamber". Lachamber.com. 2011-09-22. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Urban Economic Forum in Los Angeles, CA". Hispanic Lifestyle. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "Buying Other Companies To Grow & The Size Of Your Office | OPEN Forum". Americanexpress.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- Yap, Kalika (February 7, 2016). "Leaders Are Readers & Always Be Pitching". Your Business (Interview). Interviewed by JJ Ramberg. MSNBC.
- Yap, Kalika (February 7, 2016). "Elevator Pitch: InRoad Toys". Your Business (Interview). Interviewed by JJ Ramberg. MSNBC.
- "Online Magazine February 2015". Bcbg.com. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- "BCBG The New Guard: Kalika Yap on Vimeo". Vimeo.com. 2015-02-19. Retrieved 2017-02-23.
- Made Magazine
- Microsoft 10 under 10
- Microsoft Summit
- "Los Angeles Business Journal: Women's Council & Awards" (PDF). Los Angeles Business Journal. July 9, 2018. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- "Dermalogica Blog » Blog Archive » entrepreneur with a twist". Web.dermalogica.com. 2011-09-14. Retrieved 2017-02-23.