Not to be confused with sister company, Kalitta Air.
|Operating bases||Willow Run Airport|
|Destinations||ADHOC Charter Flights|
|Parent company||Kalitta Air|
|Headquarters||Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA|
|Key people||Doug Kalitta, President|
Kalitta Charters is an American charter airline based in Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA. Its main base is Willow Run Airport. The company is owned and run by Doug Kalitta, nephew of Kalitta Air founder Connie Kalitta. Kalitta Charters is now the sole company that has a contract with the US government to fly the remains of soldiers to their final resting places. Kalitta Charters offers Executive Charter, Air Ambulance & Air Cargo services as well as a FAR Part 145 aircraft repair station at their operating facility in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
The Kalitta Charters fleet comprises the following aircraft (as of August 2016):
|Boeing 727-200F||8||One on contract lease to Tex Sutton Aviation|
|Boeing 737-400BCF||2||On contract lease to DHL|
|Douglas DC-9-30F||1||Operates as Satellite Computer Recovery for NASA|
As of November 2016 the Kalitta Charters FAR Part 135 fleet includes:
- 1 Raytheon Beech King Air 200 1 Passenger
- 1 Bombardier Challenger 601-3A 1 Passenger/ Air Ambulance
- 12 Bombardier Learjet 35 7 convertible, 3 Passenger and 2 all cargo
- 2 Bombardier Learjet 36 2 Convertible
- 8 Dassault Falcon 20 1 Passenger, 7 Cargo
- Beechcraft B58 Baron 2 Convertible Passenger/Cargo
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 99.
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part Two)". Airliner World (November 2016): 39.