|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Premiere||-February 13, 1891 (Julian calendar)
-February 25, 1891 (Gregorian calendar)
Imperial Mariinsky Theatre,
Saint Petersburg, Russia
|Original ballet company||Imperial Russian Ballet|
-René, Marietta's father
The ballet was first presented by the Imperial Russian Ballet on 13 February 1891, on the Julian calendar (25 February 1891 in the Gregorian calendar) at the Imperial Mariinsky Theatre in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Première principal dancers
The principal dancers at the première were:
- Carlotta Brianza — as Marietta/Draginiatza
- Enrico Cecchetti — as Reuben
- Pavel Gerdt — as Kalkabrino
- Felix Kschessinsky — as René, Marietta's father
- Nikolai Legat — as Olivier
- Marie Petipa — as Cigala.
- This work was not produced with the participation of Minkus, who had already retired to Vienna in 1886. Instead, the score was a pastiche of airs extracted from several ballets.
|This ballet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Russia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|