|Directed by||T. S. Nagabharana|
|Produced by||Anand Singh
|Written by||B. L. Venu|
|Based on||Kallarali Hoovagi
by B. L. Venu
|Cinematography||H. C. Venu|
|Edited by||Basavaraj Urs|
|22 December 2006|
Kallarali Hoovagi (Kannada: ಕಲ್ಲರಳಿ ಹೂವಾಗಿ) is a 2006 Indian Kannada historical period drama romance film directed by T. S. Nagabharana, based on a novel of the same name written by B. L. Venu. Set in 1772, during the reign of Madakari Nayaka, the last ruler of Chitradurga, it features a fictitious love story between a Hindu boy and a Muslim girl. The film stars Vijay Raghavendra, Umashankari, Anant Nag, Bharathi, Ambareesh, Avinash.
At the 54th National Film Awards, the film won Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration. It also won multiple awards at the 2006–07 Karnataka State Film Awards. Upon theatrical release on 22 December 2006, the film received widespread critical acclaim and also emerged as a box-office success.
The film is set in the time of Madakari Nayaka, a palegar of Chitradurga. The story revolves around a young Hindu boy who falls in love with a Muslim girl of an enemy kingdom whom he meets at the war-ruined area.
- Vijay Raghavendra
- M. P. Shankar
- Ambareesh as Madakari Nayaka
- Anant Nag
- Mukhyamantri Chandru
- Sharath Lohitashwa
- Amulya (credited as Moolya)
|Soundtrack album by Hamsalekha|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Kallarali Hoovaagi"||Hamsalekha||Hemanth Kumar||5:26|
|2.||"Wah Wah Khana"||Hamsalekha||Udit Narayan||5:51|
|3.||"Ee Bhoomi"||Hamsalekha||Hemanth Kumar||5:42|
|4.||"Nanna Nechhina Koteya"||Hamsalekha||Kunal Ganjawala, Chithra||5:26|
|5.||"Hanatheya Adiyalle"||Hamsalekha||Shankar Mahadevan||3:57|
|6.||"Dayavillada Dharmavu"||Hamsalekha||M. M. Keeravani||2:58|
|7.||"Barappa O Thingala Mava"||Hamsalekha||Kunal Ganjawala||5:08|
|9.||"Ninna Nenapinali"||Hamsalekha||Rajesh Krishnan, Chithra||4:54|
|10.||"Alimola Alimola"||Hamsalekha||Rajesh Krishnan, Chithra||2:37|
|11.||"Mysore Desh"||Hamsalekha||Jayateerth Mevundi||1:40|
|12.||"Sampige Siddesha"||Hamsalekha||Hemanth Kumar||1:53|
"Kallarali Hoovaagi" got very good critical reaction. Most newspapers and websites hailed it as an exceptional film.
- National Award for Best Film on National Integration
- State Award for Best Editing Basavaraj Urs from Karnataka Government in 2006-2007
- State Award for Best Art Director Vittal in 2006-2007
- State Award Special Award for Costume Design Nagini Bharana and Roshni in 2006-2007
- "This is my treasure Venu BL". indiaglitz.com. 13 December 2006. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "54th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "Karnataka State Film Awards 2006-07". kannadamoviesinfo.wordpress.com. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "Director of `Kallarali Hoovagi' overwhelmed by its success". The Hindu. 9 January 2007. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- Ramachandra C. V. (8 January 2007). "On cloud nine". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- "Kallarali Hoovagi (2006)". kannadamoviesinfo.wordpress.com. 23 April 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2015.