|• Total||377.41 km2 (145.72 sq mi)|
|• Density||580/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Kalmakanda|
- Md. A. Karim Abbasi was the Member of Parliament for constituency Netrokona-1 from 1991 to 1995 and 2001 until 2006.
- Chhabi Biswas has been the Member of Parliament for constituency Netrokona-1 since 2014.
- Golam Robani was the Member of Parliament for constituency Netrokona-1 from 1988 until 1990.
- Mustaque Ahmed Ruhi was the Member of Parliament for constituency Netrokona-1 from 2009 until 2014.
- Md. Jalal Uddin Talukder was the Member of Parliament for constituency Netrokona-1 from 1996 until 2001.
- Barrister Althafur Rahman, first qualified Barrister from Netrakona district. He was also the first Master's Degree holder from Kalmakanda Police Station.
- Barrister A.K.M Habibur Rahman, senior practising Advocate at the Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
- Advocate Pijush Kumar Saha,senior practicing advocate in the Judge court of Netrakona.
- Dr.Pallab Kanti Saha,MBBS,MD is a specialized doctor in neuromedicine practicing serving in the Bangabandhu sheikh Mujibur Rahman Medical University.
- Maj Pranab Kanti Saha is a serving military officer of Bangladesh Army who is the first army officer of the village Bisharpasha.
- Assistant commissioner Purabi saha is the first customs officer from the village Bisharpasha.
Kalmakanda is located at. It has 39275 households in total area 377.41 km².
According to 2011 Bangladesh census, Kalmakanda had a population of 217,912. Males constituted 49.61% of the population and females 50.39%. Muslims formed 85.48% of the population, Hindus 11.18%, Christians 3.17%, and others 0.18%. Kalmakanda had a literacy rate of 36.58% for the population 7 years and above.
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Kalmakanda has a population of 209,360. Males make up 50.99% of the population, and females 49.01%. The over 18 population of Upazila numbers 103,227. Kalmakanda has an average literacy rate of 21.4% (7+ years); the national average is 32.4%.
Kalmakanda has 8 Unions/Wards, 179 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 343 villages. Banks al Kalmakanda: 1. BRAC Bank Limited 2. Sonali Bank limited. 3. Bangladesh Krishi Bank 4.Grameen Bank.
- Syed Marufuzzaman (2012), "Kalmakanda Upazila", in Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal (ed.), Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.), Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- "Constituency 157_10th_En". Bangladesh Parliament.
- "Row Over Ticket from Netrakona-1 Constituency". The Daily Star. 21 November 2006.
- "List of 9th Parliament Members". Bangladesh Parliament.
- "Bangladesh Population and Housing Census 2011: Zila Report – Netrakona" (PDF). Table P01 : Household and Population by Sex and Residence, Table P05 : Population by Religion, Age group and Residence, Table P09 : Literacy of Population 7 Years & Above by Religion, Sex and Residence. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
|This Mymensingh Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|