Kalpana Dash (7 July 1966 – 23 May 2019) was an Indian lawyer and mountaineer. She was the first Odia mountaineer to scale Mount Everest. She scaled Mount Everest on 21 May 2008, along with a team of five members from the United States, Canada and Nepal.
She had attempted to climb Mount Everest twice before, once in 2004 and once in 2006, but failed due to bad weather and health conditions.
Acknowledging her achievement to her well-wishers, Dash said, "It is due to God’s mercy and the best wishes of my family that I was able to scale Everest and returned safely. I’m happy and am keen to attempt climbing it again."
On 23 May 2019, Dash again summited Everest with two others, but became ill on the descent and died just above its balcony. Her body was recovered and brought to India.
- Mount Denali - North America highest peak 2010 unsuccessful.
- Mount Kilimanjaro- East Africa highest peak Tanzania Range 5,895 m successfully summited on dated 9 October 2014 (without oxygen)
- Mount Aconcagua - South America highest peak Andes Range 6,962 m successfully summited on 16 January 2015 (without oxygen)
- Mount Elbrus - Europe Highest peak Caucasus Range 5,642 m successfully summited on dated 31 July 2015 (without oxygen)
- Mount Kosciuszko - Australia highest peak 2,228 m successfully summited on 3 December 2015 (without oxygen), a record for an Indian saree
- [dead link]
- "Everest 2008: More Aurn Trek climbers summits with 3 Sherpas". Everestnews.com. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- [dead link]
- "Everest climber Kalpana Das gets warm welcome in Orissa". Thaindian.com. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- "Govt Apathy: Kalpana Dash resorts to Begging". Web.archive.org. 24 May 2012. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
- "Odisha Mountaineer Kalpana Dash Dies On Mt Everest". Odishabytes.com. 23 May 2019. Retrieved 2 June 2019.