Kam Sheung Road Station
|MTR rapid transit station|
Exterior of Kam Sheung Road Station
|Location||Tung Wui Road, Kam Tin
Yuen Long District, Hong Kong
|Owned by||KCR Corporation|
|Operated by||MTR Corporation|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
Kam Sheung Road (Chinese: 錦上路; Cantonese Yale: Gámséuhnglouh) is an MTR station located between Pat Heung and Kam Tin in Hong Kong. It is between Tsuen Wan West and Yuen Long stations. Kam Sheung Road was the arena for the West Rail Line's opening ceremony.
The station is an elevated structure along the viaduct to the north of the rail depot of the West Rail Line. The MTR Kam Tin Building is just north of the station building and once housed the West Rail control centre, but the facility relocated to the main MTR control centre in Tsing Yi after the railway merger.
The station itself is a short distance from the actual rural towns of Kam Tin or Pat Heung. Originally there were various choices as to the station's name, but residents from nearby could not decide upon the name of the settlements that the station would be named after, so the main road nearest to the station was used instead.
Although the station is not expected to have high passenger patronage relative to others, the station attracts quite a number of villagers from Kam Tin and Pat Heung since the West Rail Line is their only direct link to the urban areas in Kowloon. If the Northern Link (to Lok Ma Chau Station) is built, Kam Sheung Road will serve as the interchange with the West Rail Line, and the station will be expanded as well.
From 26 September to 28 November 2004, the West Rail Sightseeing Bus was introduced, attracting thousands of Kowloon Residents and causing long queues for the buses.
|Platform 2||West Rail Line towards Hung Hom (Tsuen Wan West) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Platform 1||← West Rail Line towards Tuen Mun (Yuen Long)|
|G||Concourse||Exits, transport interchange|
|Car park, cycle park|
Platforms 1 and 2 share the same island platform. Although the train tracks are exposed from above, platform screen doors are still fitted.
- A: MTR Kam Tin Building 
- B: Kat Hing Wai 
- C: Public Transport Interchange 
- D: Kam Ho Road 
- 54: Yuen Long West – Sheung Tsuen via Kam Tin Road
- 64K: Yuen Long West – Tai Po Market Station via Kam Sheung Road & Lam Kam Road
- 77K: Yuen Long (Fung Cheung Road) – Sheung Shui Station via Wang Toi Shan, Fan Kam Road
- 251B: Pat Heung Road – Sheung Tsuen
- 601: Pak Wai Tsuen – Yuen Long
- 602: Tai Kong Po – Yuen Long
- 608: Wang Toi Shan – Yuen Long
- 72: Lui Kung Tin – Yuen Long
- 78: Tai Lam Tunnel Bus Interchange – Lok Ma Chau Public Transport Interchange
- Kam Sheung Road Station – Huanggang
- "TD monitors first public ride day of West Rail". Press releases. Hong Kong Government. 20 December 2003. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
The Commissioner for Transport, Mr Robert Footman, this morning attended the opening ceremony at 10 am at the West Rail Kam Sheung Road station.
- "OCC Migration". Network Improvements. MTR Corporation. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
The Corporation had successfully migrated the Operations Control Centres (OCC) of East Rail Line & Ma On Shan Line and West Rail Line from Fo Tan and Kam Tin to Tsing Yi OCC, which is the OCC of Airport Express, Tung Chung Line, Disneyland Resort Line, Tsuen Wan Line, Island Line, Kwun Tong Line and Tseung Kwan O Line, to house a “Super OCC” under one roof. The move to centralise the OCCs of separate rail lines was planned as a part of the rail merger in 2007.
- DeWolf, Christopher (13 May 2011). "Chilling out by MTR: 5 seriously relaxed stations in Hong Kong". CNN Travel. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Kam Sheung Road Station layout" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Kam Sheung Road Station street map" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kam Sheung Road Station.|