This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Education||Cornell University, Brown University, The Wharton School, Boston University|
|Known for||film criticism|
Williams was born in New York City and graduated from Cornell University with a B.A. degree in African American Studies. He later received a Master of Arts in English from Brown University. Williams also holds an MBA from The Wharton School and a law degree from Boston University.
Williams who, according to Rotten Tomatoes, is syndicated in over 100 black newspapers and magazines in the United States, Canada and Caribbean, is the chief critic at NewsBlaze.com, and regularly contributes to the Los Angeles Sentinel, Houston Defender, Baltimore Afro-American, AALBC.com, and the historic Tennessee paper, the Tri-State Defender. He is also a member of the NAACP Image Awards Nominating Committee and New York Film Critics Online.
Williams is also known for his celebrity interviews of black entertainers and luminaries such as Soledad O'Brien, Denzel Washington, LeBron James, and Djimon Hounsou. In 2002, one of his interviews with Spike Lee was featured in an anthology about the African American film director.
Honors and recognition
In 2008, the Dissigold Soul Literary Review voted Williams "Most Outstanding Journalist of the Decade". In 2012, he was also honored at the United Nations during the Global Forum on Women's Empowerment for his coverage of African-American entertainment. Williams received the Daniel Pearl Multimedia Award at the 2013 Pocono Mountains Film Festival.
- "Kam Williams Movie Reviews & Previews". Rotten Tomatoes.
- "Calypso film on US top ten". islandmix.com.
- Soledad O'Brien [@soledadobrien] (21 November 2012). "Kam Williams interviews me about our upcoming doc Blk in America5/ who's black:" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Kam Williams (September 16, 2014). "Equalizers 'Я' Us". baretnewswire.org.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2012-12-09.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Fuchs, Cynthia, ed. (6 May 2002). "Spike Lee: Interviews". University Press of Mississippi – via Amazon.
- "Entertainment Journalist Kam Williams to be Honored at BMORENEWS Global Forum on Women's Empowerment at United Nations" (Press release). BMORENEWS. May 14, 2012. Archived from the original on 24 June 2015. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- "PMFF to Bring Star Power to the Pocono Mountains in Bartonsville, PA on Oct 18th, 19th & 20th". baretnewswire.org (Press release). October 11, 2013.