Kamaal Rashid Khan
It has been requested that the title of this article be changed to the relevant discussion. The page should not be moved unless the discussion is closed; summarizing the consensus achieved in support of the move.. Please see
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kamaal Rashid Khan
|Other names||Kamal Rashid, KRK|
|Occupation||Producer, actor, writer|
Although he was already nominated for eviction for three weeks consecutively, he eventually became the first contestant to be prematurely kicked out from the Big Boss house because of his violent behaviour towards other housemates. Khan verbally abused Rohit Verma and threw a water bottle at him, which hit Shamita Shetty. He also had an altercation with comedian Raju Srivastav. Khan was asked to leave the house that very night.
He has been accused of making derogatory caste-based remarks and defamatory remarks against South Indian actor Dhanush in his review of the latter's movie Raanjhanaa, posted on YouTube. A case under Section 66A of the IT Act has been registered against Kamaal at the Seema Puri Police Station of North-East Delhi. The complaint was lodged by R.L. Kane, secretary of Dr. Bheemrao Ambedkar Vichaar Manch, by sending an email to the Police Commissioner B.S. Bassi. The film fraternity approached the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE), demanding a complete ban against Khan.
During Indian General Elections 2014, he tweeted that he will leave India if Narendra Modi becomes prime minister of India. On May 18, 2014, he posted a fabricated screenshot of that tweet replacing his name with that of Shahrukh Khan. This sparked controversy as some media outlets didn't investigate and credited the tweet to Shahrukh Khan.
On the day of release of Kochadaiiyaan on 23 May 2014, Khan made a derogatory remark about the film on Twitter. His post, which read "I will review #Heropanti on coming Thursday but I will not watch Crap film #Kochadaiiyaan", faced heated replies by fans of Rajinikanth.
|2006||Munna Pandey Berozgaar||Main Villain||Bhojpuri|
|2014||Ek Villain — There's one in every love story||Brijesh (Guest Appearance)||Hindi|
|2007||Munna Pandey Berozgaar||Manish Jain||Bhojpuri|
|2008||Deshdrohi||Jagdish A. Sharma||Hindi|
|2009||Bigg Boss 3||Celebrity Contestant||Colors TV||Ejected, Day 19|
- "Passion only". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 3 March 2007.
- "Kamaal Khan is also known as KRK". zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "Kamaal R Khan's Birthdate as announced by him".[dead link]
- "Bigg Boss: Celebs who were thrown out of the house". 8 October 2017.
- "Kamaal Rashid Khan Biography". Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- "Deshdrohi' maker moves HC today". Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- "Biography of Kamal Rashid Khan". Archived from the original on 26 September 2013. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- "Big B launches Bigg Boss season three". CNN-IBN. 4 October 2009.
- "Rakhi's mom on Bigg Boss". The Times of India. 6 October 2009. Archived from the original on 9 October 2009.
- Shah, Kunal M (22 October 2009). "Bigg Boss expels Kamaal Khan". The Times of India.
- "Controversial film 'Deshdrohi' banned in Maharashtra". Dna India. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Controversial film 'Deshdrohi' banned in Maharashtra". Bollywood.com. Archived from the original on 22 September 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Kamaal Rashid Khan reinvents the English language!". Caroline D'Cruz. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Kamaal R Khan Booked for Derogatory Remarks against 'Raanjhanaa' Actor Dhanush". International Business Times. 8 August 2013. Archived from the original on 13 April 2015. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- "Actor Kamaal Rashid Khan booked for defamatory remarks, could be arrested". Archived from the original on 9 August 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Film fraternity wants Kamaal R Khan banned". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 25 July 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Controversial tweet". Archived from the original on 20 May 2014. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- "Angry SRK tweets: You suck as much as the grammar of the fake Tweet". Intoday.in. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- "Kamaal R Khan calls Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiyaan' a 'crap' film (view pics)".
- "Munna is here". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 7 July 2007.
- Mukherjee, Aparajita (16 December 2009). "I am already a millionaire: KRK". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "10 things you dont really want to know about KRK". India Today. New Delhi. 3 July 2014. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Imtiaz Ali, Farah Khan can't make hit films in dream also: KRK". The Indian Express. IANS. 12 June 2016. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Kamaal Rashid Khan faces the ire of Rajnikanth's fans for series of 'racist' tweets". Daily News & Analysis. 16 September 2013. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- D'Cruz, Caroline (30 July 2011). "Kamaal Rashid Khan reinvents the English language!". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Tarannum, Asira (23 March 2014). "Kamaal R Khan, a true life villain?". Mid Day. Retrieved 4 September 2016.