Kamakhya Prasad Singh Deo
Brig. K P Singh Deo, AVSM
କାମାକ୍ଷା ପ୍ରସାଦ ସିଂହଦେଓ
|Member: Rajya Sabha and 4th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 11th & 13th Lok Sabha|
|Born||6 August 1941|
Kolkata, West Bengal
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Children||2 son and 3 daughters|
|As of 17 May, 2012|
Kamakhya Prasad Singh Deo (born 6 August 1941), the scion of Dhenkanal, was a member of the 4th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 11th and 13th Lok Sabha of India. He was first elected to Lok Sabha in 1967 representing Swatantra Party. He represented the Dhenkanal constituency of Odisha and is a member of the Indian National Congress (Congress) political party. He was the president of the Orissa Pradesh Congress Committee.
He was commissioned into Territorial Army in 1971 and was awarded Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) in 1994. He was ADC to the President of India.. He is participating in the General Election 2019 as Dhenkanal candidate for the Indian National Congress.
- "news.outlookindia.com". news.outlookindia.com. 2012. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
Singh Deo had won the Dhenkanal seat on Swatantra party ticket first time in 1967
- "K P Singh Deo is new Orissa Cong chief, Patnaik in CWC - Indian Express". indianexpress.com. 2012. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
Singh Deo replaced Jaydev Jena, who also resigned on January 24, as the Orissa Pradesh Congress Committee chief
- "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Odisha | 'I don't question my commander'". telegraphindia.com. Calcutta, India. 16 April 2011. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
Kamakhya Prasad Singh Deo is the president of the Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee
- ":: Welcome to Purple Beret". purpleberet.com. 2012. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
As a Lieutenant Colonel, he was awarded Ati Vishisht Seva Medal in 1994
- "Territorial Army to ease training to tempt specialists | StratPost". stratpost.com. 2012. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
Brigadier KP Singh Deo served in the TA and was also awarded the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM).
- "On a Winning Spree". mod.nic.in. 2002. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
Brig KP Singh Deo and Brig PS Rathore have been ADCs to the President of India