|Born||29 November 1867
Tōkai, Aichi, Japan
|Died||22 November 1929
|Fields||Marine biology, Cnidariology|
|Institutions||Imperial University of Tokyo (Faculty of Agriculture)|
Kamakichi Kishinouye (岸上 鎌吉? Kishinoue Kamakichi, 29 November 1867 – 22 November 1929) was a Japanese fisheries biologist and cnidariologist and a professor of the Imperial University of Tokyo (Faculty of Agriculture) between 1908 and 1928. Kishinouye died in Chengtu of a sudden illness while on a collecting expedition to China.
- Contributions to the comparative study of the so-called scombroid fishes. (1923) Tokyo : Imperial University of Tokyo, - Journal of the College of Agriculture ; volume viii, no. 3 ii, p. 293-475
- Larval and juvenile tunas and skipjacks. (1919)
- A Study of the Mackerels, Cybiids, and Tunas. (1915) Special Scientific Report - Fisheries, no. 24.
- Prehistoric fishing in Japan. (1911) J. Coll. Agriculture, Imp. Univ. Tokyo, 2;328-382.
- Some Medusae of Japanese Waters. (1910)
- Some New Scyphomedusae of Japan. (1902)
- Note on the Eyes of Cardium Muticum Reeve. (1894)
- Note on the Coelomic Cavity of the Spider. (1894)
- On the Development of Limulus Longispina. (1893)
- On the Lasteral Eyes of the Spiders. (1893)
- On the Development of Araneina. (1891)
He gave his name to the jellyfish genus Kishinouyea Mayer, 1910, with a preoccupied name. Kishinouyea has been also used by Yoshio Ôuchi to describe a praying mantis genus that he quickly renamed Kishinouyeum in 1938, and that could be a junior synonym for Phyllothelys.
Kishinoella (with species Kishinoella rara (Kishinouye, 1915) and Kishinoella tonggol (Bleeker, 1851)) is a synonym genus name to describe Thunnus tonggol (Bleeker, 1851) (accepted name).
The epithet kishinouyei is used to refer to Kamakichi Kishinouye in species names.
- Kumataro Ito, Japanese Artist on Board the U.S. Bureau of Fisheries Steamer Albatross During the Philippine Expedition, 1907-1910. Marine Fisheries Review, Fall, 1999 by Victor G. Springer
- Kamakichi Kishinouye on en.scientificcommons.org
- Taxonomy and synonymy of Phyllothelys Wood-Mason (Dictyoptera: Mantodea). Reinhard Ehrmann and Roger Roy, Ann. soc. entomol. Fr. (n.s.), 2009, 45 (1) : 67-76
- Picture of Kamakichi Kishinouye on www.um.u-tokyo.ac.jp (in Japanese)
|This article about a Japanese scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|