Kamal Kishore Ahuja is a physiologist and the managing and scientific director of JD Healthcare, the holding company for The London Women's Clinic, The London Ultrasound Centre, The London Sperm Bank, The London Egg Bank and the Bridge Centre. He was a pioneer of egg sharing in the UK in the 1990s and released an app to help women search for donor sperm in 2016.
Education and early career
Ahuja was born in India in 1954, studied at the Banaras Hindu University before moving to the UK in 1977 to study at Cambridge under physiologist Robert Edwards. He received his PhD from the University of Cambridge in 1984 and went on to become the Head of Embryology at the Cromwell Hospital before becoming the scientific Manager Director of the Cromwell IVF program in 1986. In 2006 he became a Director of the London Women's Clinic based at Harley Street London.
- "Meet the gayby doc". Evening Standard. 2010-11-11. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "IVF Specialist/Clinical Research Fellow - LWC Darlington, Darlington, United Kingdom". www.ivf.net. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "Woman, 59, becomes oldest person ever to be offered IVF treatment by a British clinic". Mail Online. Retrieved 2016-11-09.
- "Dr Kamal Ahuja launches 'Find a Daddy' App for Women | DESIblitz". www.desiblitz.com. 2016-10-10. Retrieved 2016-11-09.
- Companies House Filing 2006
- "Kamal Ahuja – Sharing new life: altruism and IVF". The Eagle. 96. 2014.
- Ahuja, KK; Simons, EG; Rimington, MR; Nair, S; Gill, A; Evbuomwan, I; Bowen-Simpkins, P (2000-01-01). "One hundred and three concurrent IVF successes for donors and recipients who shared eggs: ethical and practical benefits of egg sharing to society". Reproductive BioMedicine Online. 1 (3): 101–105. doi:10.1016/S1472-6483(10)61947-5.
- Rimington, MR; Ahuja, KK; Simons, EG; Bowen-Simpkins, P; Nair, S; Armar, NA; Gill, A; Arian-Schad, M; Wilcox, M (2003-01-01). "Should non-patient volunteers donate eggs?". Reproductive BioMedicine Online. 6 (3): 277–280. doi:10.1016/S1472-6483(10)61845-7.
- "Who's who | Independent Opera". www.independentopera.com. Retrieved 2016-11-09.