||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
3 September 1981
|Years active||2005 – Present|
|Spouse(s)||Supriya Biswas (2013 – Present)|
Kamal Kamaraju is a Telugu movie actor. He has a degree in architecture from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University. He is passionate about movies. He is also a writer, assistant art director, and a commendable painter. He is an ace photographer and architect; one of his works includes the restaurant 'Moksha' in Hyderabad,Telangana.
Kamal started his career as an assistant art director to director Chandra Sekhar Yeleti under the tutelage of renowned art director Ravinder for the film Anukokunda Oka Roju (2006). He got his first opportunity as an actor in Chhatrapati (2006) while working as associate art director for the same film under director S.S. Rajamouli. However, he was most recognised for his role in Sekhar Kammula's Godavari (2006).
He then paired up with Kuruvilla to do an independent film called Confessions of a Film Actor (2007) which was one of the first films to be released online as a pay-per-view and became an instant hit overseas.
He was later launched as hero by Kammula who produced the well acclaimed Avakai Biryani (2008) directed by Anish Kuruvilla. This led him to doing lead roles in other films like Kalavaramaye Madilo (2009) and Virodhi (2011).
He also ventured into Tamil films with Ayiram Vilakku (2010) under the direction of Hosimin where he played a negative role.
Kamal Kamaraju was born on 3 September 1981, in Sevagram (Gandhi ashram), Wardha district of Maharashtra to Jawaharlal Kamaraju and Nirmala Gutta. His father retired as an AGM in Navratna Company NMDC and his mother took voluntary retirement from state organization MARKFED. Both hail from Hyderabad where they brought up Kamal. Kamal has an elder brother, Kranthi Kiran Kamaraju.
Kamal has been named after his paternal grandmother, Kamala Devi, who hails from Razole in East Godavari district. His maternal grandparents were freedom fighters and were particular that their daughter give birth in renowned Gandhian surroundings.
Kamal studied at Little Flower High School in Hyderabad where he picked up interest in art, theatre and dance. This later on led to his joining architecture from the JNTU (School of Planning and Architecture) Hyderabad where he earned his bachelor's degree in Architecture.
His love for acting and his desire to stay in India led him to choose film career where he subsequently became a known face in the Telugu film industry.
He currently stays in Hyderabad and pursues his passion for art and architecture.
On 6 October 2013, Kamal got engaged to Supriya Biswas and the two got married on 13 December 2013.
- As actor
- 2017 - "Katamarayudu - as Pawankalyan's brother's role.
- 2015 - Ladies & Gentlemen - as Anand
- 2014 - Legend - as Jagapathi Babu's son
- 2013 – Aravind 2
- 2011 – Virodhi
- 2010 – Aayiram Vilakku (Tamil)
- 2009 – Kalavaramaye Madilo
- 2008 – Jalsa
- 2008 – Avakai Biryani
- 2007 – Confessions of a Film maker
- 2006 – Godavari
- 2005 – Chatrapati
- As an assistant art director
- As a writer (dialogues)
- 2007 – I am Famous
- 2011 – "who is afraid of Virginia Woolf"
- Art Show
- 2012 – My Name is Minnu
- "Red hot and deliciously different". The Hindu. 8 November 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2010.
- "Clean family entertainer". The Hindu. 19 July 2009. Retrieved 3 January 2010.
- "Kamal's in news!". The Times of India. 21 November 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2010.
- "confessions of a film maker".
- "Godavari: Very cool indeed". rediff.com. 6 June 2006. Retrieved 3 January 2010.
- "Designing an identity". Expressbuzz. Indian Express Group. 4 November 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2010.