||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sidhu at Soniya Vajifdar preview in 2010
|Born||February 24, 1971|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||125 lb (57 kg)|
Sidhu was born in an Indian Sikh family who lived in the Philippines, where she stayed till the age of six. Later they moved to Canada, where she was raised and educated. She has a university degree in pre-medical. She is fluent in Tagalog, English, Punjabi and French.
Prior to being in TV shows and in the modeling industry, Sidhu was an athlete, training to compete at the Olympics Games in Atlanta, representing Canada in the heptathlon. An unfortunate injury abruptly ended her dreams and made her to pursue other avenues. She was advised by a cousin, and consequently entered the Miss India-Canada contest in 1991, to which she won first runner-up.
In India, she started her career with Channel V and later MTV Asia. She also worked with channel AXN in this same country. One of the first few 'Indian' VJs, Sidhu and her Canadian accent were hugely popular with the teen population, many imitating her style of dress, hair and talking. She hosted an adult show on sex lives on Zoom TV and anchored an environmental series called EarthPulse on National Geographic Channel.
Sidhu is married to Nico Ghogavala owner of B.A.R company.
- 1997 - Aar Ya Paar as Veena Sanghvi
- 2006 - Chasing Nature (TV series) as presenter
- 2008 - The Fakir of Venice as Mandira
- 2008 - Little Zizou as Alka
- Halim, Moeena (13 February 2015). "Love it up". India Today. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- Visco, Rory (12 July 2006). "Chasing Kamal". Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on 16 July 2012. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- Singh, Rashmi Uday (28 October 2011). "Devour the freshest bounty of Sri Lanka". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Kamal Sidhu, winner 1991". Miss India–Canada. 2013.
- Kumar, Ashok (1 August 2008). "Actors face modelling challenges: Kamal Sidhu". The Financial Express. Archived from the original on 5 August 2008. Retrieved 28 July 2016 – via Expressindia.com.
- "Kamal Sidhu — Miss India Canada". Seasons India. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- Anand, Swati. "Beauty's Beast". Little India. Archived from the original on 14 December 2010. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- Renuka, Methil (8 July 2002). "Animal magnetism". India Today. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- Pereira, Priyanka (17 March 2009). "Being Kamal". The Indian Express. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- Prabhu, Vidya (28 September 2006). "Settling down won't be easy: Kamal Sidhu". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kamal Sidhu.|