|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kamalapuram mandal is one of the 50 mandals in Kadapa district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is under the administration of Kadapa revenue division and the headquarters are located at Kamalapuram. The mandal is bounded by Yerraguntla, Proddutur, Chapad, Khajipet, Vallur, Pendlimarri and Veerapunayunipalle mandals.
As of 2011[update] census, the mandal had a population of 52,168. The total population constitute, 25,969 males and 26,199 females —a sex ratio of 991 females per 1000 males. 5,730 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 2,998 are boys and 2,732 are girls —a ratio of 911 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 68.49% with 31,806 literates.
Towns and villages
The settlements in the mandal are listed below:
Government and politics
Kamalapuram mandal is one of the 6 mandals under Kamalapuram (Assembly constituency) and also a part of Kadapa (Lok Sabha constituency), one of the 25 Lok Sabha constituencies representing Andhra Pradesh. The present MLA is Pochima Reddy Ravindranath Reddy, who won the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly election, 2014 representing YSR Congress Party.
- "Guntur District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. p. 268,298. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "District Revenue Divisions and Mandals". Y.S.R.-District Panchayat. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "Mandals in Guntur district". aponline.gov.in. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Sub-District Details of Guntur District". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Sub-District Details of Guntur District". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Kamalapura mandal villages" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. National Informatics Centre. p. 9. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 February 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "DELIMITATION OF PARLIAMENTARY AND ASSEMBLY CONSTITUENCIES ORDER, 2008" (pdf). Election Commission of India. p. 25, 31. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "MLA". AP State Portal. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Kamalapuram Assembly 2014 Election Results". Elections.in. Retrieved 14 November 2014.