||This biographical article needs more biographical information on the subject. (December 2010)|
Kamalesh K. Sirkar is a Distinguished Professor of Chemical Engineering at New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) in Newark, New Jersey, USA. He is also the Foundation Professor of'Membrane Separations and Director of the NJIT Center for Membrane Technologies. He is internationally recognized as an expert in membrane separation technologies.
Sirkar is the holder of 25 U.S. patents.
He has also authored 156 refereed articles and 18 book chapters, and is a co-editor of the widely used Membrane Handbook.
He is the Editor of the Elsevier series Membrane Science and Technology and an Associate Editor of Separation Science and Technology.
He has served (or is serving) on the editorial boards of the Journal of Membrane Science, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research and Separation Science and Technology.
Honors and awards
Sirkar has received numerous honors and awards throughout his research life. Some of these include:
- Kirkpatrick Award (1991).
- Honorary Fellow of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (2001).
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers's Institute Award for excellence in Industrial Gases Technology (2005).
- Thomas Alva Edison Patent Award in the Environmental Category of the Research and Development Council (2006).
- Fellow of American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) in 2008.
- Clarence Gerhold Award of the Separations Division of AIChE (2008).
- NJIT Excellence in Research Prize & Medal (2009).
- New Jersey Inventors Hall of Fame Innovators Award (2009).
- http://chemicaleng.njit.edu/people/sirkar.php 'NJIT : Chemical, Biological and Pharmaceutical Engineering Department -- Our People - Kamalesh K Sirkar'
- http://www.tcetoday.com/tcetoday/NewsDetail.aspx?nid=11451 'TCE Today : Membrane separation expert made AAAS Fellow'
- http://www.njit.edu/about/boards/overseers/awards/prizeandmedal/2009/index.php 'NJIT : 2009 Research Prize and Medal Recipient'
- http://www.stevens.edu/njinvent/fileadmin/njinvent/pdf/New_Jersey_Inventors_Hall_of_Fame_2009_Award_Winners.pdf 'Stevens Institute of Technology : New Jersey Inventors Hall of Fame 2009 Award Winners'