|• MP (Moulvibazar-2, Moulvibazar-3)||Mahi Faiyaz, Nawab Abbas Ali Khan (2- Jatiya Party), Syed Mohsin Ali (3-Awami League)|
|• Total||485.26 km2 (187.36 sq mi)|
|• Density||390/km2 (1,000/sq mi)|
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Kamalganj has a population of 191,672. Males constitute 50.98% of the population, and females 49.02%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 102,877. Kamalganj has an average literacy rate of 28.6% (7+ years), compared to the national average of 32.4%.
Kamalganj has 9 Unions/Wards, 118 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 276 villages. The Unions are: Shamsher Nagar, Patanushar, Rahimpur, Munshi Bazar, Ali Nagar, Kamalganj, Adampur, Islampur, Madhabpur.
Points of interest
- Ham Ham Waterfall
- Madhobpur Lake
- Lawachara National Park
- Shamshernagar STOLport- airport under Bangladesh Air Force at Shamsher Nagar Union Town
- Bangladesh Air Force Survival Training School
- BAF Shaheen College : Best college of Moulvibazar district. The college already got two certificate to be the best college of Moulvibazar. Last two years PSC, JSC & SSC result took 1st position among all institution of Moulvibazar district.
- Shamsher Nagar Tea Garden
- Grave of 1971 Patriot at Shamsher Nagar Airport
- Shamsher Nagar Railway Station
- Shamsher Nagar A. A. T. M. Bohumukhi High School, one of the oldest high schools of this Sub-district.
- Shingraully village-largest village of this Upazila
- Jangalia Govt. The primary school is the largest school in Kamalganj Upazila in terms of students.
- Suja Memorial College, which scored 11th position in HSC result among all institutes in Sylhet board.
- Hum Hum Waterfall
- Champarai Tea Garden
- Patrokhola Tea Garden
- Chowdhury Gulam Akbar, writer, was born in Dargahpur village in 1921.
- Shah Abdul Wadud (2012), "Kamalganj Upazila", in Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal, Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.), Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
|This Sylhet Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|