Kamarudin bin Meranun
1960/1961 (age 57–59)
|Education||Diploma in Actuarial Science|
(Universiti Teknologi MARA)
|Net worth||US$735 million (2018)|
|Board member of||Queens Park Rangers F.C.|
|Awards||Life Insurance Institute of Malaysia Best Actuarial Student 1983|
Meranun was born in either 1960 or 1961. He is a Minangkabau descent from Gugukrendah, Agam, West Sumatera. He received a Diploma in Actuarial Science from Universiti Teknologi MARA and received the Life Insurance Institute of Malaysia Best Actuarial Student award in 1983.
From 1988 to 1993, Meranun worked for the Arab-Malaysian Merchant Bank as a Portfolio Manager. He then moved in 1994 to Innosabah Executive Management as Executive Director. He was appointed Director of AirAsia in 2001, then as Executive director in 2004, then as Deputy CEO in 2005. He took on the role of Treasurer on top of that in 2012. Later that year, he moved into the role of Director, then moved to the role of Chairman of AirAsia in 2013, a role which he still holds as of 2016. He was appointed CEO of AirAsia X in 2015. He is also a board member of the Queens Park Rangers Football Club.
- "#46 Kamarudin Meranun". Forbes. 2016. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Airasia Bhd (5099:Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange)". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- "#19 Kamarudin Meranun". Forbes. 2012. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- www.news.padek.co Bos Air Asia Boyong Keluarga ke Agam
- "Directors Biography". AirAsia. Archived from the original on 18 February 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- "Kamarudin Meranun takes over as AirAsia X CEO". The Malaysian Insider. 30 January 2015. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- "Semakan Penerima Darjah Kebesaran, Bintang dan Pingat". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia).